When the Words Mean Nothing I'll Still Be Singing

I have a need

Oli and I had skipped school Wednesday and Thursday. I needed time to figure out how to talk to Tom, and Oli just didn’t want to go to school. So we decided to spend the time rekindling our long lost friendship. It was more then nice to spend time with Oli. He was even more fun then I remembered, not to mention charming and funny. Our two days passed by like a dream.

Getting dressed and showed this morning felt more like a chore then something done every morning. I sluggishly pulled on a summery dress, and a simple light grey cardigan. I was too lazy to pull on pants, it was enough that I was going to put on a few bracelets and earrings. Today was not a book bag day, so I grabbed my favourite –albeit random- owl purse, bag, thing.

I slipped on my shoes before I walked down to the kitchen. I was running a little behind my usual schedule, so I grabbed a blueberry muffin that I assumed my mother had bought recently. And with that I started to make my way to the school.

I picked at my muffin on the way, as I thought about Tom. How was he going to react? Was he going to tell me to go fuck myself, or were things going to be okay again? I was hoping things would go back to normal, I didn’t know how much longer I could take having Tom mad at me.

I sat in our usual spot when I arrived at school. I just watched as people walked passed, talking about trivial things, like who slept with who and what not. it was interesting, but not something I really concerned myself with. But it was almost always good for a laugh.

The first bell rang and there was still no sign of Tom. I had -surprisingly- saw Oli though, he was with his gang of halfwits laughing about one of them banging a haggard chick. He didn’t stop and say hi, just smirked and winked. It was better then not being noticed at all, but a hello would have been preferred. I wanted to run after Oli and ask him where Tom was, but I was afraid that if I left I might miss him.

There was nothing worse then waiting for something or someone when you’re half asleep, and worried. The second bell rang, signalling that it was time for class to start. I wasn’t going to leave this spot unless someone made me. I didn’t come to school today with the intention to learn, I came here to make nice with my friend… a friend I seemed to need in order to function properly.

“Hunter? What are you doing out here? You’re gonna be late!”

I’d know that voice anywhere. He was finally here, and he was walking towards me at a brisk pace. I forgot everything I had planned to say as I stood up.

I clutched my owl bag like a frightened chiled, “Tom! I’mreallyreallyreallysorry! Pleaseforgiveme! I-I… I need you.”

He softly smiled, “I didn’t understand half of what you said… but I’m sorry I over reacted. You should be able to be friends with whoever you want, and I guess it’s a good thing they you and Oli are good with each other… it makes things less complicated.”

I grinned like a mad women, and tackled him with a hug. Luckily he only slightly moved backwards, and we didn’t fall. That could have been problematic, seeing as we would have landed on pavement and smacked out heads on the bench.

I was right back on cloud nine, and this time Tom seemed to be with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hunters Outfit

Thanks to little bear and Tom Sykes for commenting ^-^

Feed back form more then just the usual commenters would be nice ^-^ I’d like to know what everyone thinks, good and bad.