Daddy, I'm in Love... And with you

The Beginning

"Hayley," I heard a voice call from down the hall. It sounded urgent, but still managed to be struck with excitement. "Hayley! Hayley, come on. We gotta get out there." From the reflection of the mirror I stood in front of, I saw Gerard behind me. Or should I say Dad?

Yes, you read it right. Gerard is Dad now, not Frank. Frank is my soon to be husband. As a matter of fact, we're only minutes from marriage.

Gerard had been my father for the past year now, and what a thrilling year it's been. He adopted me from Frank, just so that we could be together. And man, did we ever plan on doing just that. After I had graduated high school, he proposed to me. I loved them both with all of my heart.

As I anxiously smoothed down my curls, I said to Gerard, "Really? Already?" Time sure has flown. It's been such a short morning.

"Yes," he said quickly, nodding furiously. Then a grin struck his face as I refused to rip myself from the mirror. "You look beautiful, honey."

Finally I turned around to smile at him. "I do?"

He nodded with the proudest look on his face, and I realized he was holding a bouquet of flowers--my flowers. They were bright red roses, nervously clutched in his hands. He must of seen me eyeing them because then he said, "Oh! Yeah, he are your flowers." With shaky hands he gave them to me.

We stepped into the quiet hall of the cathedral, arms linked, flowers in my grasp. Our friends and family were smiling at us, and I unfortunately was a little too nervous to notice. Frank was stood at the alter--with Ray, Mikey, and Bob behind him--with the cutest grin on his face. Beneath that smile, he was nervous just like I was. I knew it. Gerard gave me a kiss on the cheek and then helped me up the steps next to Frank.

That night, once Frank and I were alone, he kissed me gently, the most beautiful kiss he's ever given me. "I'm so happy with you," he whispered.

"I'm ecstatic with you," I breathed back, a grin spreading across my face.

The corners of his lips shot up and he pressed his lips to my forehead. His lips were so comforting and soft. I closed my eyes and let myself fall into him. Within seconds, with my head on his chest, and my white dress covering the both of us, I drifted off to sleep to dream of the rest of our lives. This is just the beginning.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but hey, it's the end so I can do whatever I want :)

Thank youuu for reading this story I worked so hard on! I had a nifty time with it, and I hope you did too.

Read my other stories!

Thank you, guys :) <333