I Saw Mummy Kissing Santa Claus

I Saw Mummy Kissing Santa Clause

Caitlin was going to kill her ex-husband the next time she saw him. For the past six years, he had ALWAYS taken their twins to see Santa at the Franklin Mills Mall in Philadelphia. Even though the twins didn’t really understand the significance of Santa, they still practically counted down the days until their dad took them to the mall. It was one of the only things that their dad seemed to make enough time to see them for.

This year, however, he kept putting it off, because something would always come up at the last minute. He had finally called and said that he couldn’t take them this year because he was “swamped with work.” Lying bastard. Her friend, who also happened to be his secretary, had overheard him saying that that he was going to take his new wife’s children instead. How nice of him.

To say that Caitlin was furious at him after she heard this would be an understatement. She knew that his new wife wanted him to cut all ties with anyone in his life before her and pretend that he hadn’t existed until he met her. Well, as far as Caitlin was concerned, he needed to grow a set and tell her to fuck off, that Liam and Lisa were a part of him, whether she liked it or not. They weren’t the ones that had to hold the twins as they cried themselves to sleep at night after yet another broken promise by their father. They weren’t the ones who had to see the twins’ spirits crushed when Caitlin told them that their dad couldn’t make it. Like today.

After waiting in line for a good forty-five minutes, it was finally their turn. The twins slowly walked up to the Santa, shoulders slumped.

“Ho ho ho! What are your names?”

“Liam”, “Lisa” they mumbled.

“And what would you guys like me to bring you on Christmas morning?”

“My dad to stop being a jerk and spend time with us and not our step-monster,” Liam replied.

“Liam!” Caitlin said, appalled.

“Me too,” Lisa agreed. “Oh, and some new hockey skates.”

“You guys play hockey?” the Santa asked, intrigued.

“Yeah,” Liam answered. “I play center, and Lisa plays defense.”

“That’s cool. Do you guys watch the Flyers?”

“Yeah,” Lisa answered, a smile coming to her face. “I love Matt Carle.”

“And I like Carter and Lupul,” Liam added. “You’re a hockey fan?”

“Of course I’m a hockey fan!” the Santa said, chuckling. “It’s one of the only sports that you can play in the North Pole.”

“That’s so cool,” they said simultaneously.

“Well, I have to talk to the next kid in line,” the Santa told them, “but I'll see what I can do for your presents. Whatever you get for Christmas though, I'll make sure it's something you like."

“Okay,” they said. “Thank you.”

“Merry Christmas,” the Santa said as they were leaving.

“Merry Christmas.”

After they were done with the Santa visit, Caitlin decided to take them to FYE to get a movie to watch when they got home, trying to cheer them up. As they were walking out of the mall, an elf came running up to them.

“Excuse me, ma’am,” the elf said. “These are for you, an early Christmas present from Santa,” he continued, handing an envelope to Caitlin before running back towards the Santa area.

“What is it mom?” Lisa asked.

Caitlin opened the envelope to reveal three tickets to the Philadelphia Flyers game the next night against the Washington Capitals.

“That is so cool!” Liam said as they got in their vehicle to head home.

____________________________♥♥♥♥♥

The next night, they made sure to get to Wachovia Center early so they could look around since it was their first time there. Caitlin ended up getting Lisa a Carle jersey and Liam a Carter jersey. They finally made their way to their seats behind the players’ bench five minutes before the anthem was sung. As she was waiting for the puck to drop, her eyes met the familiar blue eyes of one of the players, who winked at her. She quickly looked away, blushing. Try as she might, she couldn’t remember where she had seen them before though.

Liam was all smiles after the Flyers’ 7-1 routing of the Capitals, especially since both Lupul and Carter had four point nights. Lisa was also ecstatic since Carle had two assists. After the game, they were getting ready to leave when a security guard approached them, asking them to come to the locker room. When they got down to the locker room, the guard directed them to Scott Hartnell’s locker. When he looked up at her, she was shocked to see that it was Mr. Blue Eyes, but for the life of her she still couldn’t remember where she had seen him before.

“Hey guys,” Scott greeted them.

“Hi,” her kids responded. God his voice sounds so familiar, Caitlin thought.

“Nice hat trick,” Liam told him.

“Yeah, that was sick,” Lisa agreed.

“Thanks guys,” Scott said smiling. “You guys wanna meet the rest of the team?”

“Yeah!” they cried enthusiastically. Caitlin followed behind Scott and the twins as he introduced them to the other Flyers. All of them were kind enough to sign the twins’ jerseys and take pictures. The kids were just wandering around, hanging out with the team when Scott pulled Caitlin off to the side.

“So, did you guys enjoy yourselves?” he asked.

“Yes, they had a great time tonight,” Caitlin said. “How did you…?”

“Santa is a HUGE Flyers fan,” Scott cut her off, smiling.

That’s why he seems so familiar, she thought.

“Thanks, you really made their day, Mister Claus” Caitlin told him.

“I could make yours too,” Scott replied smirking.

“Yeah? How’s that?” Caitlin asked.

“Mistletoe,” Scott replied, pointing to the ceiling above them. Leaning forward, Scott captured her lips in a sweet kiss. A few seconds later, someone cleared their throat behind them.

“Um, ew,” Lisa said, causing the room to erupt in laughter and Scott leaned in for another kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Story Title: song by Amy Winehouse