Remember When We Used to Be Friends

chapter 3

[Frank's pov]
The next day was saturday, and while most kids are out having fun I'm working, a lot of the time I don't really mind but sometimes like today I do.

I stood behind the counter of the coffee store that had become my weekend home, busying myself with tidying up the serviettes, spoons and sugar that were positioned on the top for our customers to take and mess up all over again.

After I finished doing that I looked up to see Harlie and some of her friends walk in, they came up to the counter and looked at me as if I were some kind of being from outer space before ordering their drinks from one of the other members of staff.

Once they had recieved their drinks they sat down at one of the tables in the corner next to the window, as I tried to busy myself I could feel their eyes on me.

"Hey Harlie, isn't that the guy that lives next door to you?" Asked one of the girls, who looked a little like Lyndsay Lohan, red hair and all.

"Yeah it is," replied Harlie glancing over at me.

"Is he wearing make-up?" Asked a skinny blonde girl who looked as if she needed scaffolding to hold up her head.

"Oh my god he is! How gay is that?" Exclaimed the red head laughing.

Ugh! if only I had some form of a superpower that would enable me to make their head explode or mouths close up or something.

"So gay," replied the blonde acting as if she'd said something really funny.

I honestly didn't care what those two thought of me, I didn't know them, they didn't know me, however seeing Harlie laugh with them made me feel as if my insides were being pulled out of my ass.

I know we aren't friends anymore but that's no reason to act like that, I mean I don't make fun of her because she's all preppy now do I?

After a while they eventually left, as they walked out they began looking at me and laughing again, God knows how but I managed to fight the urge to flip them all off.