Evergreen

First meeting

I cursed myself, why did i have to take a double shift? Oh because my drunken father was too tired to go to work today. I sighed at myself shamefully, he was always too tired to go to work. I had to practically live at the diner to pay for the phone we never use and television that’s always on… and the most expensive thanks to my dad. I took my apron from the hanger, almost ready to start my second shift. I looked down to see my Uncle Jim's shirt was still relatively intact as well as my short, denim shorts.
I closed the toilet seat so I could tie my sneakers and get ready for work.
As I walked out, I smelled the grilled burgers, the melted cheese, and the burnt pancakes. Uncle Jim wasn't really known for making the best pancakes. Uncle Jim was infamous for making burnt pancakes.

"Double shift again Annie?" I heard Claudia ask. I knew her old rough voice anywhere.
She was an old wrinkled lady, who wore makeup like it's nineteen eighty-five. Her ginger colored hair definitely didn't match the green eyes shadow she had behind her eyelids, or the heavy liquid eyeliner she had on, or even the bright pink lipstick she wore that was dry and pasty. No one had the guts to tell her how she looked like a drag queen. Besides, she was the best cook here. Her pink colored lips spread into a wide smile. The purple blush didn't hide the old, freckled, wrinkly skin.

"Yeah… you know me! Always a hard worker," I lied and added a bright smile to make it seem more believable, making sure all my teeth showed. I was a first class liar after all.

She kept her pink colored smile and walked with a kitchen knife in her hand. Nobody knew that my father was a drunk, and I wanted to keep it that way. Evergreen was a very elite neighborhood. The reason they kept this greasy, old diner was because it was founded in the nineteen forties. Who would destroy a diner that has been here that long? No one even knew I lived in a trailer park near by. I mean I had to get a scholarship to get into the 'public school' they have here. I walked behind the counter to get a note pad and saw my refection in the shiny marble counter. My curly, dirty blonde hair was tied in a ponytail with my green eyes blazing like fire. My pink lips were still glossy and soft. I grabbed the note pad and my lucky feathered pen I used for taking down orders. I heard the clashing of dishes and the steaming grill, sizzling with a wide array of food. I heard chatting voices all around me.
The pens met with papers, parents scolded their children, and the waitresses smacked their gum. I took a deep breathe. This place was my living nightmare, but it was better then home. I walked out of the employee zone.

The first thing I saw was Sandy, the beach blonde college student who would flirt with any good looking guy… that is, one who could pay for their order and add a little tip, and she would give them her own. Other then that, she would always come and talk to me since I was closest to her age. Her boobs were jumping up and down, which I knew was on purpose. With her lips still glossy, she busily smacked her gum. Her blue eyes stood out, and her beach blonde hair in a ponytail hung on her back. Her ass probably was about to burst in those tight shorts, but I put on a warm smile. I couldn't be mean to people for no reason. Even though I did have a reason not to talk to her, she never said nor done anything mean to me. She smiled warmly back.

"Hi, Annie! There's a hottie at four o’ clock," she whispered.

I peered to where she was looking at and saw the most gorgeous man I have ever seen in my teenage life. His dark black hair covered his eyes because he was bent over his coffee. I could see that he was wearing a heavy wool, grey coat, which was somewhat wet. I saw the rain outside beating down the windows. Why didn't I notice the rain before I asked myself. Oh, course! I couldn’t notice anything with that gorgeous looking man sitting right before me. I could feel Sandy's eyes on me, and I was sure I looked like a crushing school girl. She nudged my side, pretty hard, in fact. I shouldn’t have been surprised because she played volleyball.

"Stop staring, and let the master work," she said, lifting her chest. As she began strolling towards the man, I pulled her elbow back.

"You can't just walk up to him and sleep with him," I scolded her.

She forcefully took her elbow from my grasp, her blue eyes narrowing at me. Her glossy pink lips pouted… well, only her upper lip anyway. I wondered why her blue eyes softened and broadening into a pair wide, blue plates. Then I realized she was giving me puppy eyes. Who did she think she was? I wasn't those men she slept with and gave her everything she wanted just because of that one look.

"Let me go, and let the master do her work," she said again, and raised her chest.

"What if he was a girlfriend?" I hissed. She groaned, and her eyes wandered away from me.

At that same time, a women walked into the diner, her black hair shimmering in the florescent lights. Her bright red lips lightened up her pale skin, which was as pale as the mysterious man’s skin. Her eyes were black, or, at least, they looked like that. She was wearing a black long coat and something red under it. Her black hair came down to her mid-back. She sat by the man and stared at Sandy and me. I swallowed hard as my eyes met hers.

"See? He does have a girlfriend," I told Sandy. She looked like she couldn't speak.

"Well you’re the one who jinxed me," Sandy replied after a moment.

"Uh, can you take their table, I...um, Sandy stuttered. I stared at her in disbelief.

"Yeah, alright," I agreed, walking towards the table – towards the beautiful couple

"Uh, would you like anything?" I asked the couple. There eyes looked up at me. The man's eyes were deep poolsof grey, and the woman’s were dark black...evil eyes. Well they weren't really evil, but they certainly looked like it. I stopped staring and smiled brightly, waiting for their answer.

"No, we’re fine. Thank you," the woman said. Her voice was low and very enchanting. A very feminine voice, but I wondered why the man didn't say anything. I just decided to let it go.

"Ok," I said cheerfully and walked – more like skipped – away, especially from the strange woman. It wouldn't be the last time I would see her, but I wished it would have been.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so you can tell that this is a vampire love story!!!! And the chapters are going to be back and fourth. So there are different Point of views...so the next chapter will be a different point of view...constructive criticism is welcomed!!!!! And tell me what you think!!!!!!! I luv comments so go and write some right now!!!!! And subscribe!!!!!! Kinda long...but worth the read rite???
ENJOY......COMMENT......SUSCRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!! And i wanna say thank you to my new Editor!!!!!
Moonlit Serenade!!!!!! Check her out!!!!