Lost

1/1

It was a dark room. The walls were made of glass but there wasn’t any light coming in. It felt as if the sun wasn’t there.
I was scared.
There was a women sat in a desk. She was dead pale and had dark entangled hair. I couldn’t see her face. There wasn’t anything else around and I was lost. I didn’t know where I was or how I got there but it felt as if I should be there. The feeling made me feel strange, that was something I had never felt before. I never belonged anywhere, and now here I am in a dark room with windows and no sun or colour and I belong here.

She was moving index cards around. They were bright green. It seemed like the only colourful thing on this place. It didn’t seem to belong in the dark room with the dead pale women with the black entangled hair.

“Yes? Can I help you?” She asked raising her head to look at me. The women’s face was missing something. Her eyes were completely white with no iris or pupil, but it didn’t scare me. It didn’t surprise me. My heart didn’t skip a beat and my eyes didn’t bulge. What was missing in her face were her eyebrows. They were missing too. Just like colour, just like the sun.

“I’m lost.” I told her but my voice wasn’t heard. It was missing too.

“Everyone’s lost here.” She told me with a warm smile. Her voice was smooth and I could hear her perfectly.

“How do I find myself?” I mouthed, once I wasn’t making a sound. She pressed some buttons on a calculator and wrote something in a paper that she handed to me.

“You wait.” She pointed to something behind me. I turned around it was a door. A black door. I walked up to it. It was farther away that I though. I just kept walking and by the time I got there I was sweating. I felt the air around me hotter as I came closer to the door. I opened it and stepped thought only to be hit by violent shiver that made me stop. This room felt like being in a snowstorm with nothing but your already cold skin to keep you warm. Strangely it didn’t bother me. It felt like home.

I looked around me. It was a waiting room. Just like the ones in hospitals. White walls, white floor and white chairs. Only it had also snow white skinned people to match, with snow white eyes and snow white lips. I wondered if that’s how I looked too.

I sat in a chair. Everyone had a cup on their hands. I couldn’t see a coffee machine or anything like that near. I couldn’t even see where the cups might be coming from.

Then curiosity possessed me and I had to look at the paper the women gave me. It only had a number.

666

“What’s your number?” I looked up to see a man.

“666. Yours?”

“666.” He answered with a smile. I didn’t even think it was strange we had the same number. It fit the place, it’s like I was used to this place being like this, though, I swear I’ve never been here.

For the first time I noticed the silence since I came into the waiting room.

“Number 666.” A robotic like voice filled the space. I looked at the screen it went black and then a number appeared again. 666. It never changed.

I felt like I had an ice cold waterfall pounding on me. I could see a women s getting up and walking out the door. After the door was closed the waterfall stopped.

“Hello.” I looked up to see a child. A little girl with curly black hair, snow white skin and eyes. She seemed to be the only beautiful thing in the whole room, and even if she was just as black and white as the rest of the room, she seemed to bring a little colour with her.

“Hello, little girl.”

“I’m lost.” She told me.

“Everyone’s lost in here.”

“How do I find myself?”

“You wait.”

She nodded and sat next to me.

“How long do I wait?”

“Until you feel you shouldn’t wait anymore.” She nodded again and laid her head on my lap. I didn’t hesitate in running my snow white fingers through her hair.

We stayed like that for a long time. When the robot like voice filled the room once again the child got up.

“Thank you for everything.” She extended her hand and I reached for it. He opened hers and left something I my hand. It was a pink hair bow. I closed it tight in my hand afraid it would lose its colour if it came in contact with the room atmosphere for too long.

“Number 666.” The robot like voice called again. This time I got up and walked to the door holding the hair bow tight in my hand. When I opened the door the snowstorm hit me again, I grew really tired and closed my eyes.

When I opened them I was lying in my bed in a pool of cold sweat.

“What’s wrong honey?” I looked around me. I could see the colour in the walls, floor and furniture. I could see the colour of my boyfriend’s eyes and I could see the sun through the window. I let out a breath that I didn’t realize I was holding and hugged him. I felt so relaxed now.

“I-I was-lost!” I cried closing my eyes and holding my boyfriend tighter.

I closed my hands tighter and felt myself holding something. I opened my hand and saw a little pink hair bow.

“Everyone’s lost in here.”

I opened my eyes again.

The sun was gone.