Status: Two Shot

Open Your Eyes

Shot Deux.

I want so much to open your eyes

He came back later that night. I had calmed down a bit, but I still felt horrible. And after apologizing over and over and crying my eyes out in front of him, he still didn't care. He just waved me off, and turned back to the television. I couldn't believe it. He saw me, hurt, crumbling in front of him, and all he could think about was the stupid TV. I wanted him to see how much I was hurt. I wanted him to be a man, and treat me right. I wanted him to acknowledge that I'm his girlfriend; someone that loves him dearly, not someone who is his sex slave.

'Cause I need you to look into mine

I had finally had enough. I crouched down and put my face near his, then looked into his eyes. He looked back into my eyes. Two more tears ran down my hot cheeks, and I couldn't say a word. Just looking into those green orbs of his made me want to start crying more. I could see right into him, the the man that had been treating me like dirt wasn't him. It was a cover over his loving self.

Tell me that you'll open your eyes,

Just like that. Just by me finally grabbing my courage off the floor and getting in his face and putting my hurt right in front of him did it. He stared deep into my eyes and wiped the tears streaming down my cheeks. Then he grabbed me up into a hug, and kissed my head softly. I sat on his lap, and clung myself to him. It seemed to me that he had opened his eyes. That he saw my hurt, my pain. He finally let the cover float away...

Get up, get out, get away from these liars

"He's lying to you! Can't you see that?!"My best friend nearly shouted at me
"He's not lying. He realized how much he hurts me. He's changing so he doesn't lose me."I explained to her
"No. He's being nice so he can regain your trust and love, then he's going to start all over. You know I've been in something like this. I don't want you falling for it. I ended up really hurt. Emotionally and physically."She grumbled
"He swore to me he'd never hurt me again. He said he can't forgive himself for what he's already done, but if he hurts me again, he doesn't know what he'll do. He genuinely feels bad for this."I threw a bag of chips in my grocery cart and looked at my best friend's angry expression.
"I'm telling you. He's not going to quit. You need to get out while you can."She shook her head and walked off.

'Cause they don't get your soul or your fire

She just didn't get him. He was the sweetest man on Earth. It was horrible that only I could see it though. When I got home from grocery shopping, he greeted me with a kiss, then took the bags from me and began putting things away. He hadn't done that in ages. He set the bags on the table and I began putting things away, being careful with what I was picking up. I was very accident prone.

"Did you enjoy the store?"He asked, taking something from my hands and wrapping his arms around my waist
"A bit. Kelsey was a bit nagging."I explained, he hugged me
"Oh."He leaned his forehead against mine and kissed my nose gently "Why don't we head to the park after dinner. We can take a walk.
"That sounds wonderful."I answered

Take my hand, knot your fingers through mine

After supper, we began the walk to the park. It didn't take long, and since it was so nice out, I took my camera and took pictures. I took some of the nature, but then I took pictures of my boyfriend and I. When I looked through the pictures we took, I could see that look in his eyes. The look he had once given me, a look full of affection and admiration.

The look I got when he first told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me.

And we'll walk from this dark room for the last time
Every minute from this minute now


Things got even better. Not that I didn't think they would, but for a bit, I actually though Kelsey was going to be right. Fortunately, she wasn't. On the day of my birthday... Well...

"Baby girl... Wake up. It's your birthday."He whispered as he kissed my lips. My eyes fluttered open, and he smiled sweetly. "Good morning sleepy head."
"Morning."I answered, stretching. He tickled my stomach lightly and I grabbed his hands before he could get a real hold on me. He was the master of tickling. I sat up and got on his lap, then laid my head on his shoulder.
"What do you want to do today?"He asked
"I don't know. A cuddle day would be nice. Just stay in our pajamas all day and do nothing."I shrugged
"Okay, but be dressed by seven. We're going to dinner."He told me
"Really? Where?"
"I'm not saying, but wear a dress. Nothing too fancy though."I nodded and stood up.
"Couch."I stated, and he lead me into the living room, where we spent the day watching movies and being together.


We can do what we like anywhere

Around five, I got in the shower and began getting ready for dinner. As soon as I got out of the shower, I sprinted into our room and let him get in the shower. I carefully threw my hair up in the towel and put on some old clothes whilst I did my makeup. Then, I let my hair down and blow dried it, then proceeded to pull it up in a nice bun. I slipped my favorite little black dress on, then put on some black heels.

When he got out of the shower, dressed himself, and came in the room to grab his shoes, he stood in the doorway and stared. I giggled and put my face in my hands to hide the deep blush that came upon my cheeks, but he came over and lifted my face.

"Don't you dare hide your face. You look stunning."He whispered, before kissing me softly. "Happy birthday."

We headed out to the restaurant, and turns out he booked us at my favorite French style restaurant in the city. It was also one of the more expensive restaurants in the area. We were seated at our table, and I opened a menu while sipping a bit of wine. I lowered my menu for a moment to look across the table at my boyfriend, but he wasn't there. I raised one eyebrow and put my menu down, only to see him standing beside me. He took my hand and stood me up, then got down on one knee.

"Eden Renee Jackson. I have put you through crap. I will never, ever forgive myself. And I have no idea how to make things up to you... I know I never will make up those scars fully, but I'm hoping asking you to be mine forever will help some. Baby, will you marry me?"He stated. My eyes tripled in size, and I nodded before starting to cry.

"Yes, yes."I whispered as he slipped a diamond ring on, and the people around us 'Awwed'.


I want so much to open your eyes
'Cause I need you to look into mine
Tell me that you'll open your eyes,


Now, you're probably thinking, there's not way he could change that quick. It's just downright impossible you say! But, it's not. He proved that. I guess to show someone the light, you have to get in their face and show them your pain. Show them how much they've hurt you. You have to learn to grow a backbone in five minutes, or deal with crumbling every day. And I'll tell you this right now, the crumbling thing is no way to be with your lover.

He opened his eyes(:

All this feels strange and untrue
And I won't waste a minute without you