Sequel: More Than Anything
Status: COMPLETED [Wait for the sequel :D]

Close to Nothing

Say Something

It had started to rain outside. I pushed aside the essay I was working on for tomorrow. I was growing stiff and bored. I wondered through the house, picking up things, dusting the shelves. I smiled as I dusted the shelf where mine and Emmett’s photo was but then I immediately frowned. I wonder what Rosalie was thinking earlier today. There was no doubt she was furious and I was curious about what happened with them

Suddenly there was a knock on my door. I opened it and in front of me stood Emmett. He was wet, his hair was plastered to his forehead and water was dripping off his nose. I gaped at him. He grinned back at me.
“Mind if I come in?” he asked and I moved aside to let him in. I laughed as he shook his head like a dog, spraying me with water droplets.
“I’ll get you a towel,” I said and got one from the linen closet. I gave it to him and he dried his hair and sat down on the couch. I sat down next to him.
“Hi,” I said finally. Emmett smiled sadly.
“You want to know why I’m here,” he stated. I shrugged.
“I can guess,” I replied lightly.
“Rosalie and I had a huge fight,” he said flatly.
“About..” I inquired, already knowing the answer.
“You, me, us,” he said. “She accused me of spending too much time with you and she was suspicious of me being around you and she definitely didn’t like the picture.” I didn’t know what to answer so I stayed silent.
“She said that I liked you, she said that I always think about you,” he continued.
“She’s a woman,” I defended Rosalie. “Of course she’d be jealous and suspicious of another girl being around her man, she’ll realize she’s wrong later.”
“What if she’s not?” he asked suddenly. I opened my mouth to reply but nothing came out
“What if she’s not wrong?” he repeated. “What if I really like you? What if I do want to be with you every minute?”

This came as a bit of a shock. Yes, I definitely felt attracted to him. I admit that sometimes I imagined myself walking next to him with his arm around my waist instead of Rosalie but I never imagined he felt the same. He was always friendly and fun and he liked to joke around and dance with me but this was Emmett. He was always like this. Now I didn’t know how to react. I didn’t know if I had to be happy or afraid of Rosalie at the moment.
I sat still as a statue. What do I do now? Emmett took my hand into his. He pressed his lips to my palm. I didn’t take my hand away.
“And what if you like me as well?” he asked in a low voice. I swallowed. He started to place light kisses onto my wrist. He saw I wasn’t protesting and pulled me closer to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist.
“Say something,” he whispered into my ear.
“You made me speechless,” I managed to get out. Emmett chuckled quietly. I felt his breath on my cheek and shivered slightly. This made him grin.

He began to place small kisses down my jaw line. He was at my lips now and instead of kissing them his lips barely brushed against mine. He was kissing down my neck and now and leaning me back against the couch.
My head was swimming. I felt like my body was on fire and I wanted him as much as he wanted me but then…

“No,” I struggled against his arms and propped myself up on my elbows. Emmett looked at me curiously.
“Rosalie,” I said simply and his face fell. I hated seeing that. I wanted to kiss him and tell him that everything’s fine and it doesn’t matter. But I didn’t.
“You’re right,” he said stiffly and quickly stood up. Without looking at me he walked to the front door. I followed him swiftly and opened the door for him. He looked at me with a pained expression and I tried to smile at him but failed. He took my hand and kissed my fingertips lightly before dropping it, walking out the door and closing it behind him. I leaned back against the door and slid to the floor. I didn’t know what to feel, my emotions were all jumbled. I was hurt, scared, nervous but most of all I was happy so I smiled to myself. Little did I know, Emmett was outside the door, leaning against it with the same blissful smile on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess who made my day! SmilingIrishFool, that's who. She commented and do you know what? It probably took her a maximum of 6 minutes. Your turn! Let's see who's faster ;D