Sequel: More Than Anything
Status: COMPLETED [Wait for the sequel :D]

Close to Nothing

Close to Nothing

It took all my strength not to turn around and run into his arms. I wanted to so badly but this wouldn’t help me at all. I decided to ignore him. Without looking at Emmett, I continued packing my clothes. With my peripheral vision I saw Emmett standing and scrutinizing my every move.

“Speak to me, Ella, please,” he muttered but didn’t move toward me. His voice was so sweet, so needing that I almost spoke back to him, almost.

I brushed past him as I walked into the living room. Emmett silently followed. I’d need some books to keep me busy for the 16 hour flight.

“No one blames you for anything,” Emmett said in a tight voice. “Edward actually understands you completely.”

I stayed silent. Stephen King or Dean Koontz?

“You don’t have to leave,” Emmett almost whispered. My hand shook as I tried to reach a book on a high shelf. Emmett stepped up behind me and easily got the book. He handed it to me and I took it silently. I almost shivered from the closeness of his body.

I wouldn’t be able to bear it any longer. I marched to the bedroom to get my suitcase, ignoring Emmett’s pleas. I rolled my suitcase to the front door. Ignoring Emmett was even harder now.
He’d attempt to catch my hand or he’d run his hand down my back. He knew everything that I liked and he wanted to use it against me.

I decided to give a one-over to the house. I walked from room to room with Emmett closely following. He kept up a steady chant of ‘I’m sorry’ and ‘Don’t leave’.

I walked into the kitchen and walked over to the sink. I needed some water. But suddenly Emmett came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He pressed his body against mine and this time I really shivered. I could tell he was smiling as he leaned down and kissed my neck gently. I wanted to turn around and throw my hands around him. I wanted to kiss him fiercely and tell him that I wouldn’t leave. But of course I didn’t.

I escaped from his grip and walked out into my yard. I loaded my luggage into the back and slammed the trunk closed. Emmett stood to the side as I came around my car and opened the driver’s door. Emmett made a last attempt to stop me.

“Ella, what about us?” he asked. I remained silent.
“What about me? Don’t I mean anything to you?” he demanded and grabbed my arm. He forced me to face him.

“What do I mean to you?” he asked me fiercely as his eyes bored into mine. I choked back the sobs that threatened to come out. I wrenched my arm out of his grip and got inside the car, slamming the door loudly. He looked at me expectantly, waiting for an answer.
I sighed and looked him in the eyes.

“Close to nothing.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The End!
Well of course I shall be writing a sequel. =] Just give me a week or two
And of course comment! =]]