Status: Slowly Active

Regrets? I've Had a Few.

Anarchy In The U.K.

September 7th, 1973

"You phone me as soon as you get there, Elanor."

"I will, mom." Elanor grinned, pushing her copper red hair over her shoulder. "Promise."

"And, don't talk to strangers!"

"I won't," She grabbed her small carry-on bag and headed towards the terminal; Clutching tightly to the only possessions in her name. She was excited to finally get out of her mother's watchful eye and begin her own life. That was why she chose to go to London; It was so far away from her mother and her rules. She could finally break out of her shell, and be herself.

She just wasn't expecting it to be so hard.

August 3rd, 1974

"What the--" Elanor grabbed the small yellow note that was tacked to her door, and groaned. This was the third apartment she's been evicted from that month. "Damn it," She frowned.

She glanced down the hall and sighed, approaching the rotten door with a rusted 4 hanging from the top. With two quick raps on the door, she stepped back, waiting for her neighbor, Chloe, to open up.

A petite blond opened the door, a lazy expression held her face. "Yeah," She slurred, rubbing the back of her wrist against her nose. "Whaddaya want, El?"

Elanor held up the small yellow paper, scowling. "Got kicked out."

"Already?" Chloe laughed. "I would've thought he'd done that days ago." She pushed open her door and stepped aside. "Well? Are you comin' in, or what?"

Elanor smiled weakly and walked inside the apartment. Chloe's wasn't much different that hers; Water-stained ceilings and various stains adorning the floor and walls. The paint was chipping and most of the kitchen appliances seemed to have scorching black marks at the bottom. In so many words, it was a wreck.

"You don't mind?"

"No," Chloe shook her head, falling back onto her couch. She gestured for Elanor to join her and smiled, pushing the trash off the seat. "I've been lookin' for a roommate, anyway. Just saves me the trouble of scoutin' for one."

"Thanks."

"Don't you wanna go get you things?"

"Um," Elanor scratched the back of her neck, nodding. "I'll get them in a bit. Wouldn't take more than a trash bag to hold them."

Chloe laughed and opened her mouth to say something when a rock broke through her window. "Fuckin' wanker," She snapped, walking over to the hole. "Oi! What the hell do you think you're doin'?" She tilted her head and grinned, pushing open the window. "Johnny? S'that you?"

"Can we come up?" Someone yelled; Obviously male. Their heavy British accent filled the air.

"Hurry up," Chloe hollered. She turned around and smiled, taking her previous spot on the couch back.

Elanor arched an eyebrow, hearing the sound of heavy footsteps on the stairs. "Who's Johnny?"

"A mate of mine."

"Hm?"

"Don't worry," Chloe nodded toward the door. "You'll meet 'em here in a sec."
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter. Tell me what you think.