Status: Slowly Active

Regrets? I've Had a Few.

We're Not In Kansas Anymore

Elanor stumbled beside Sid, quietly, allowing her eyes to dart up at his face every now and then to check for the tiniest hint of emotion; There was none.

At all.

She thought that his bringing her home to meet his mother was a step in the right direction for them, but as she quickly learned, herself, it was about drugs. Again. All Sid cared about was something to shove up his nose or something to inject into his vein. She was beginning to wonder why Sid even let her follow him around or invite her places.
Sure, he could be sweet some of the times, but, those other times... Those were the moments that frightened her. When he would get so doped up that not even Johnny would know how to restrain him from doing bodily damage to himself; That had happened a few times. Three, at the least, that she could recall.

"So," Elanor spoke up, meekly. "Do I call your mother Ma Vicious? Or, does she have an actual name that I can address her with?"

Sid cocked an amused eyebrow.

"I just don't want to get off on the wrong foot with her, is all."

"So formal," Sid laughed. "Everyone calls her Ma." He glanced down at his shoes for a second before biting the inside of his lip, seemingly in hard thought. "But, if ya feel like callin' her by her name, you can call her Anne."

Elanor nodded. "Anne."

It wasn't long before they came upon a somewhat beaten-down looking house. The front door was painted and chipped. Some of the shutters were rotten and falling off of the house. The porch was caving in on the left side. A couple of the front windows were broken with a cheap plastic cover taped up behind them to keep out the cold air. But, still, Elanor had to admit that it was surely a sight better than what she first expected to see.

"Well," Sid sighed, pulling the door open and gesturing for Elanor to go inside. "Ladies first, love."

Elanor observed all of the small snow globes littered around the front room and hallway; She must collect them or really adore them. She pointed a dainty finger at one and smiled, seeing the name of her home state. "Hey, it's home."

Sid frowned, confused, before realizing what she meant. He couldn't deny the fact that Elanor looked beautiful when she was genuinely happy about something. The way her eyes lit up and how her cheeks gained a hint of pink. It was cute.

Sid molded his hands around his mouth, calling out. "Ma!" He walked into the front room and opened his arms wide, wrapping them around a frail looking woman with short dark hair. He stepped back and motioned for Elanor to join them. He proudly put an arm around her shoulders. "Ma, this is Elanor. Elanor, mum."

Anne smiled warmly, the wrinkles on her face becoming more defined. "Hello, dear. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"You, too." Elanor grinned. She couldn't help but notice the wear on her skin and the way she kept tapping her finger against her palm; She was a user. Either that or a recovering addict. "You have a lovely home, Ms.... Um, I'm sorry. I didn't catch your last name."

"Oh, didn't John tell you?"

Elanor smiled at the use of Sid's biological name. "No, he didn't."

"Well, it's not the same as John's. I go by my maiden name, again." She laughed. "Beverly."

"Ms. Beverly, you have a lovely home, here. I really like your snow globes."

"Thank you, dear. At least someone appreciates them." She grinned, elbowing Sid in the side. "Shall we go into the kitchen? I have a good hunch as of why my darling son has decided to grace me with his presence. Although, I didn't expect him to bring home such a lovely young woman." Anne took Elanor's hand, squeezing it gently. "You really are a picture, dear." She looked to Sid. "You take my advice and hold onto this one, eh?"

Sid swiped at his nose fervently, as if he were embarrassed. "Ma."

"Oh, alright. Follow me, dears." She led them into the kitchen, beckoning them to sit down at the table. She reached into her purse and pulled out a rather largely filled balloon. She shook it once before tossing it out into the middle of the table. "Go on, then."

Sid snatched up the balloon hastily and untied the knot. He held it underneath his nose momentarily before sighing, extremely pleased. He dumped a little bit of what Elanor assumed was cocaine onto the tabletop, divvying out three lines.

Elanor could only hold her breath as Sid passed her a rolled up banknote. She was first.