Status: Slowly Active

Regrets? I've Had a Few.

Submission

Elanor watched, curiously, as Sid dumped the pure white contents of the bag into his hand. He sifted through it , carefully, before dumping it back into the bag; Clapping his hands together to rid the substance from his skin.

Sid nodded his head in the direction of the small kitchen, tugging on Elanor's sleeve. "Come on, then."

"Where are we going?"

"Some place quiet." He answered. Sid led them into the kitchen, taking one of the four seats at the tiny wooden table. He took the bag back out and dumped the contents onto the tabletop; Poking his finger around in the powdery concoction. He curled his lip, pushing himself away from the table and stalked over toward the cupboards.

"What are you doing?"

"Lookin' for somethin'." He gestured toward the small pile in front of her and turned his attention back to his hunt. "I'll be needin' a straw and somethin' sharp. Like, a blade."

"Well," Elanor dug in her pocket, producing the only sort of weapon she owned; A tiny pocket knife. "I've got this." She tossed it to him from across the room, eying his reaction. "Will it do?"

"Yeah, love." He mumbled, taking his spot at the table. He set the small straw he found down in front of him and gripped the knife, spacing out small lines of the powder. "It'll do."

Elanor observed the way he evenly split four lines from it, staring at the substance unsubtly. Sid grabbed the straw and placed it at his nostril before leaning down to the table, inhaling the powder through the straw. He recoiled with a sharp intake of breath, placing his finger on the other nostril to better snort the remains of the stuff that didn't get taken down. He swiped at the end of his nose a few times before handing the straw over to Elanor.

"Go ahead," Sid nodded. "It's fine."

Elanor took it and copied his actions; Hesitating a few moments before inhaling the powdery stuff through her nose. The substance caused a burning sensation, making her swipe furiously at her nose to get rid of it.

Sid laughed, shaking his head before reaching back over to retrieve the straw. "You'll get used to that."

"No," She blinked, struggling to stop the burning, as she watched him do his last line. "I don't think so."

"Yeah," He nodded, flashing a toothy grin. "I think ya will." He handed her the straw again, smiling in amusement. "It'll go away after a few minutes."

"Ugh," She shuddered. "What is this?"

"Cocaine."

"What?"

"Don't worry, love." Sid laughed, handing her back her pocket knife. "Just, give it a few minutes."

"No. No, no. I have to find Chloe."

"Wait," Sid grabbed her wrist, unintentionally pulling her back against his chest. She could feel the slightly unsteady heartbeat under his thin shirt. "Stay with me."

"But--"

"Just, stay." He murmured. His lips brushed against her hair as he spoke, catching a few strands. Sid let his hand trail down to her wrist, pulling her back into a sitting position with him. Her back was pressed against his front tightly; His hands holding her against him. Elanor no longer felt the need to leave as the effects of the drug began to cloud her mind. Instead, she leaned back, letting Sid wrap his arms around her waist.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll try to update again before the weekend is through. I start college Monday, so the updates might be a little bit jumbled.

Thanks for reading. Comment, please.