Never Tear Us Apart

The Fun Part Of Coming Home

Anna Worthington sighed as she continued to stare out the window.

Her teacher was standing at the front of the class, explaining their next topic they will be covering.

She sighed heavily and watched the clear raindrops fall heavily onto the glass window.

The bell rang and the class stood immediately, grabbing their things and running out the door.

A bunch of girls with short mini dress and three inch high heels screeched as they stepped into the rain. Complaining of getting their hair wet.

Anna unlocked her car door and stepped in, throwing her bag into the passenger seat before putting the key in the ignition.

As Anna focused on the road, she found herself thinking about Gerard. Her loving fiancé, who was to return home tomorrow after a long three and a half months of touring.

Anna was a twenty four year old university student, studying to become a kindergarten teacher. She had medium length chestnut brown hair, which hung in loose curls when she couldn’t be bothered straightening it. She had big, beautiful blue eyes, pale skin, and a beautiful smile. Anna was quite small in height, standing at just 5”5, and she was also skinny, but not too skinny, just right.

Anna pulled into the small rented house her and Gerard shared, and stopped the car.

She sighed heavily as she rested her forehead on the steering wheel.

“I miss Gee.” Anna whispered to herself.

Anna sighed one more time before grabbing her bag and getting out the car.

She fiddled with her keys as she approached the front door. Finding the right key, she stuck it in the keyhole and turned, hearing the familiar click, and seeing the familiar sight of her living room.

She closed the door behind her roughly, throwing her keys onto a small wooden table beside the doorway and tossing her bag aside.

Anna ruffled her wet hair between her fingers as she slowly treaded up the stairs. She heard a noise and stopped mid step. Anna waited there for a few seconds, standing in silence, listening hard.

Anna shook her head as she continued to walk up the stairs.

She walked into her bathroom and peeled off her damp clothes, before stepping into the steaming hot shower.

Anna stepped out fifteen minutes later, feeling the cold breeze hit her wet skin. She shivered and dried herself down and plugged in the hair drier. Anna hated her hair wet, so she towel dried her hair to the best of her ability, and brushed it, before drying it quickly with the hair drier.

Anna breathed out slowly, feeling refreshed. She bundled her dirty clothes into a ball and stepped out into her room.

The fairly dark looking room, with chocolate brown walls, and a charcoal gray carpet, hardly ever saw day light, Anna liked things dark, it was easier to hide things, and it looked and felt more mysterious.

She walked across the spacey room to the tall, black, wicker laundry basket that Anna insisted they have there, seeing Gerard had a habit of leaving his dirty clothes everywhere.

Anna decided she wanted Chinese for dinner, as she slowly walked down the stairs. She noticed something strange, as she got closer and closer. The room was dark, nothing odd for Gerard and Anna, but it was darker than usual, and she could see small shadows flicker across the walls and ceiling.

She popped her head out in front of her, looking past the hallway that extended for half the staircase, and saw Gerard standing in the middle of the living room.

“You’ve gotta be kidding me!” Anna squealed.

Anna quickened her pace, and slid down the vanished, wooden banister. She leaped off and flew into Gerard’s arms.

“What the hell are you doing here?! You’re not meant to be here until tomorrow!” Anna said excitedly as she embraced Gerard roughly.

“So, is that a ‘I’m glad to see you?’” Gerard asked sarcastically.

Anna pulled back and looked into Gerard’s dark, hazel eyes.

“I missed you so much!” Anna whispered before she kissed Gerard passionately.

“I missed you too.” Gerard smiled.

“That’s the only bad thing about touring, not being able to see you for so long.” Gerard mumbled as he hugged Anna tightly.

“I’m sure you forgot all about me.” Anna joked.

“I did. Until I had to go to bed and there was no one to snuggle up to, or kiss and tell how much I love them.” Gerard said sweetly.

Anna smiled and pecked Gerard.

“So, you maybe want to explain why you’re here so early?” Anna asked, playing with Gerard’s newly cut and dyed, blonde hair.

“They cancelled tonight’s show for some weird reason. I didn’t really stick around to find out why. I just went straight to the computer and booked some flights home.” Gerard explained, still holding Anna.

“When are you leaving again?” Anna said sadly.

“Two weeks.” Gerard answered.

“And how long does this next tour last for?” Anna asked.

“About a month, maybe a little longer.” Gerard answered.

Anna pouted and Gerard laughed slightly.

“Not this tour, but the next.” Gerard said, kissing Anna’s neck. “You’re coming with us. I don’t care what you, or Brian says, you’re coming.” Gerard mumbled into Anna’s neck.

“When is it? Maybe I can get some time off school?” Anna asked.

“In a few months I think. We leave a couple of weeks before your birthday, and come back a couple of weeks after. It’s a little short tour before the big headlining one.” Gerard answered.

“I’ll see what I can do.” Anna smiled.

Gerard smiled and kissed Anna.

“You know, three and a half months is a long time to be left unattended.” Gerard said cheekily, kissing Anna’s neck and slowly inching his hand up her shirt.

“What are you getting at?” Anna asked sarcastically.

“I think you know where I’m getting at.” Gerard said seductively.

“I think I may like the sound of that then.” Anna mumbled against Gerard’s lips.

Gerard smiled and lifted Anna up. Carrying her bridal style up the stairs.

“Come my love! We shall make love repetitively until we can make love no more!” Gerard shouted dramatically and loudly, continuing to walk the stairs to their bedroom.

Anna laughed and lightly kissed Gerard’s cheek.

Gerard threw Anna onto the bed softly. He crawled on top of her and smiled.

“Now the fun part of coming home.” Gerard said in a low, cheeky voice.

Anna cupped Gerard’s face with her hands and giggled until Gerard covered her mouth with his.