Never Tear Us Apart

I'm Not Going Anywhere

I'm back!!!!! :D

So, it's not some of my best work, and quite frankly, this story isn't turning out like I wanted it to, but hopefully you guys enjoy and I'll come to you with more frequent updates!

Enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________

*Anna’s P.O.V*

As I stared at my reflection in the long mirror in our bedroom, I felt a single tear fall from my eye.

I raised my slowly hands and straightened my silk black dress.

Today was the day I had been dreading since I had heard those four heartbreaking words.

Today, was the day I was going to bury my father.

I heard footsteps slowly creeping their way up the stairs.

“Are you ready to go?” I heard Gerard asked quietly from behind me.

I didn’t turn to look at my fiancée, I didn’t smile or even reply, I just simply continued to stare at myself in the mirror.

“We have to go soon.” Gerard said quietly, sitting down beside me.

“I don’t want to say goodbye.” I whispered.

“Not again, there’s no way in hell I’m saying goodbye all over again. Not to someone I love and need so much.” I chocked.

Gerard wrapped his arms around me and snuggled me to his chest.

“It’s never easy saying goodbye…” Gerard whispered, slowly rocking back and forth.

“And when you think about it, it’s never the end.” Gerard added quietly.

“But I don’t want to say it.” I whispered.

“Sometimes we have to do things that we don’t want to do. It’s a fact of life… We all have to do it at sometime…” Gerard said softly.

“Everything happens for a reason.” Gerard added quietly.

“Everything happens for a reason?! Everything happens for a reason?!” I said loudly, tearing myself away from Gerard.

“What’s the reason for this?! What’s the possible fucking reason to take my father away from me?!” I screamed, tears slowly streaming down my face.

“Anna.” Gerard said, standing up.

Our eyes locked as we stood in silence.

“I’m afraid of going because I know if I go today, that I’ll know for sure that he’s really gone… This is my final goodbye.” I chocked.

Gerard sighed and stepped towards me, wrapping his strong arms around me. Making me feel somewhat safe.

“I love you, you know that right?” Gerard whispered, softly stroking my back.

I nodded, sniffling as I did so.

“And I’ll always be here for you, no matter what.” Gerard assured, sliding to his knees and taking my hands.

“No matter how much it hurts, I’ll always be here. I’m not leaving you. I’m not going anywhere.” Gerard whispered as he kneeled in front of me.

I smiled weakly.

I continued to stare into Gerard’s eyes, trying to find my voice.

I took a deep breath in and closed my eyes.

“Let’s go.” I whispered, my eyes still closed.

I felt Gerard get up and wrap his arms around me.

“I’m not leaving you. Not ever… I promise.” Gerard said softly, playing with my hair.

I leant and stood on my tiptoes before I gently pecked Gerard’s lips.

“I love you.” I whispered as I leant my forehead on his.

“We have to go now, don’t we?” I sighed, dreading the answer.

Gerard nodded.

I closed my eyes and exhaled slowly.

“Hurry up and let’s go before I change my mind and you’ll have to drag me out of the house.” I said.

“Hmm, that sounds familiar.” Gerard joked.

I smiled and walked towards the door.

It was now or never, never or now.

I liked the sound of never, but I can’t always have it the way I want it, can I?