Never Tear Us Apart

Stay With Me

*Anna’s P.O.V*

I slept in the next morning, cuddled up in Gee’s arms.

I opened my eyes carefully, being slightly blinded by the seeping sunlight that begged to be let in through into the room.

I turned my head slightly and saw that Gerard was, still infact, sleeping.

I smiled and snuggled into him even more.

I felt Gerard’s arms tighten around me.

I closed my eyes and smiled again.

This was probably the first time in a little while where I felt good.

It was these times, were I was thankful I had Gerard.

He made me feel safe. Like nothing could get me as long as he was around.
He made me feel loved. Like I was wanted and needed by someone else in this world.

He made me feel like me.

I shuffled around slightly and heard a tired groan from behind me.

I giggled softly.

“Stop moving.” Gerard groaned, his eyes still fixed shut.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered, leaning up and pecking his lips.

“Go to sleep.” Gerard mumbled, not bothering to open his eyes.

“But I’m not tired.” I whined.

Gerard rolled me over so he was lying on top of me.

He wasn’t crushing me, but made it just about impossible to move.

“Sleep.” Gerard mumbled into my neck.

I laughed and closed my eyes.

And after a while, sleep finally fell over me…

I woke up, some time later, to an empty bed.

“I thought you’d never wake up.” Gerard joked as he walked into the room.

“How long have you been up for?” I asked, sitting up and stretching.

“A while.” Gerard replied, climbing into bed next to me.

“Oh yeah? Doesn’t look it.” I said smartly, taking in Gerard’s lazy and scruffy form.

“Okay, so I lied.” Gerard laughed, wrapping his arms around my waist and dragging me down.

“What are you doing?” I giggled.

“I just wanna lay together. Geez, is that such a crime?” Gerard said sarcastically.

I sighed and rested my head on his chest, closing my eyes.

“I thought maybe we could go out and do some wedding stuff today?” Gerard suggested softly.

My eyes flew open as I gently lifted my head.

“I understand if you don’t want to.” Gerard whispered, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

“We could go look at halls we could have the reception at.” I smiled weakly.

“We don’t have to if you don’t want.” Gerard reminded.

“I do want to. It’s about time we got enough time together to actually plan the wedding.” I smiled, lying only just slightly.

A part of me actually wanted to go out with my fiancée today and plan our wedding. Do normal stuff. Put it all out of my mind.

“Well, if we’re going to go, we better start getting ready, it’s nearly eleven already.” Gerard said, getting up and walking towards the bathroom.

“What about breakfast?” I asked from the bedroom, lying there in the same position Gerard left me.

“Screw breakfast. It’s too close to lunch time.” Gerard said loudly before turning on the shower water.

I got up and walked into the bathroom.

“I made a list of the halls that I liked.” I said, sitting on the toilet seat, watching him.

“We’ll go see them then.” Gerard said.

“How many are there?” Gerard asked; his back turned to me.

“I don’t know. Three or four.” I shrugged.

“Three or four? Shit, we going to get all of them done today?” Gerard asked.

“Probably not. Maybe? We’ll see what happens.” I said, getting up and stripping off.

“If we don’t see all of them today, we’ll see the rest tomorrow.” Gerard agreed, his back still turned to me.

I gently opened the shower door and climbed in.

“Scared the shit out of me Anna.” Gerard gasped, turning around and hugging my body to his.

“Well sorry for showing you affection. Maybe I should just leave!” I joked, reaching for the shower door.

“Ah ah ah. You’re not going anywhere Missy. Or else.” Gerard warned, gripping my hand tightly.

“Or else what?” I tested, seeing how far he would go.

“Or else I’d have to punish you.” Gerard said lowly, starting to kiss my neck.

“Bit horny are we this morning Mr Way?” I giggled.

“You bet cha. It’s what you do to me.” Gerard said in a husky voice.

“Gerard, we’re not going to get anywhere if we continue this.” I said, trying to push him off of me.

“Come on! Just a quickie, it’s all I ask.” Gerard whined.

“Is that all I am to you? A quickie?” I laughed, still attempting to get him away before it got out of hand.

“You’re more than that. But right now, that’s all I’m going to have to settle for.” Gerard mumbled while kissing my stomach.

“Gerard! No!” I said firmly.

“You never objected to shower sex before.” Gerard pouted.

“That’s because we didn’t have anywhere to go.” I said, crossing my arms over my bare chest.

“Well, there was that one time when we were late to meet the guys at the airport because you attacked me in the shower…” Gerard said slyly.

“Shut up.” I mumbled.

“Now hurry up and get ready. You’re wasting time.” I said, reaching behind him for the shower gel.

"Anna, what are you doing?" Gerard sighed as he walked through the door into the study.

"Nothing." I mumbled.

"Doesn't look like nothing." Gerard replied, kneeling on the floor next to me.

"These were his first ever pair of drumsticks. He gave them to me after I started playing. He told me to take care of them, cause it's all he basically has left of his childhood." I whispered, refusing to let the tears to ecaspe from my eyes.

Gerard stayed silent. Not knowing what to say.

“He was meant to walk me down the isle on our wedding day.” I whispered softly, looking up as tears now slowly streamed down my face.

"He'll be there in spirit." Gerard said comfortably, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"It just won't be the same." I whispered.

I stood up and gently placed the old, heavy and battered drumsticks on the desk, before walking out of the room in silence. Never looking back.

I walked into the lounge room, sniffling quietly.

I knelt down in front of our CD collection and searched until I found what I was looking for.

I opened the case slowly, tearing up at the thought of all the memories.

I slid the disk into the CD player and pressed play.

I gently sat on the couch as I heard the piano to the intro of the song.

Mickey’s in the corner, with a black coat on

I sobbed silently.

This was my Dad’s song to me; he always said I was his beautiful girl.

I remember all those nights were Dad and I would just sit in the garage and listen to INXS and talk.

INXS was my Dad’s all time favorite band. He had every single CD and record ever made. The song ‘Beautiful Girl’ was the song were my Dad would smile and say ‘Anna’s song’ every time it was played.

I sobbed a little louder.

My Dad and I shared the song ‘Never Tear Us Apart’. It was our song that we shared a bond to; because we believed that there was no way to tear us apart.
That’s one of the major reasons I demanded they played it at his funeral.

My heart sank and my tears started to pour as I heard the lines my Dad dedicated to me the most.

Stay with me…

Beautiful girl, stay with me…
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG, were do I even BEGIN to apologize for not updating in like ten years?!
I am so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so sorry. I've been updating my other story, but not this one. And I have no idea why...
But yes. SORRY!

And, if you get the time, please try and check out the following songs:
By My Side- INXS
Never Tear Us Apart- INXS
Beautiful Girl- INXS

These are the three songs that I basically wrap the whole story around. If you've heard these songs, you'll understand the emotional side of the story better.

And don't forget to comment.

Merry Christmas

xoxo