Never Tear Us Apart

Happy Families

*Anna’s P.O.V*

“Ayden! Don’t touch that baby!” I screamed as I ran towards my five-year-old cousin.

“I wanna play drums!” Ayden wined.

“No, not now. Later. I promise.” I said, taking hold of Ayden’s hand and tugging him gently.

“Fine. Later.” Ayden huffed.

I sighed as I watched Ayden walk out, and I shut the door to our ‘music room’.

Our music room contained all our musical instruments and belongings. We had my eleven piece drum kit in there, my three electric guitars, my acoustic, and some random stuff of Gerard’s.

It was a bit of an expensive room.

I heard a high-pitched scream and crying as I stepped back into the kitchen.

I sighed.

“A bit stressed out are we?” Gerard laughed as he came up behind me and kissed me on the cheek.

“Maybe a little?” I answered, resting my elbows on the counter and closing my eyes.

“Come on, it’s nice to see the family all together again. One big, happy family.” Gerard whispered, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

“Happy, happy family.” I said sarcastically, looking up and seeing a mess of a house.

I sighed again and groaned as I leant my head down gently on the counter.

Gerard laughed as he walked off.

“Gerard?” I asked; my voice muffled as I still had my head buried.

“What?” Gerard asked, spinning around to face me.

“When’s Mikey and Alicia getting here?” I asked, lifting my head up and yawing.

I heard loud knocking on the door as the doorbell rang repetitively.

“I would say about now.” Gerard laughed, giving me one last look before turning towards the door.

“Yep, that’d be them alright.” I sighed as I walked slowly towards the door.

Gerard giggled as he opened the door.

“Will you two shut the fuck up and get off my property?! We don’t want your business!” Gerard said loudly.

“It’s good to see you too Gerard.” Alicia laughed as she wrapped her arms around Gerard’s neck.

“MIKEY! IS MIKEY HERE?!” I heard an excited Donna scream as she came down the stairs.

I laughed as Donna flew across and grasped her youngest son roughly.

“I’ve missed you soo much!” Donna said, sounding on the verge of crying. “My two babies are home again.” She said proudly, wrapping an arm around each of her sons, and hugging them to her.

Alicia and I looked at each other and laughed.

“How are you Mikey?” I asked, taking a step forward and hugging Mikey.

“I’m doing pretty damn good. And how are you, my future sister-in-law?” Mikey replied happily.

“Ah, I’m doing okay. I’m all good now that you guys and Gerard are home.” I said, smiling and hugging Gerard.

“Where’s Dad?” Mikey asked Gerard.

“I don’t know. I think he might be out the back with David.” Gerard shrugged.

“Your Mum and Dad are here?!” Mikey said loudly, talking to me.

I nodded.

“Yeah. The whole families here.” I smiled.

“Awesome! I love your parents!” Mikey screamed as he walked away.

I raised an eyebrow and let go of Gerard.

“Where are the kids?” Alicia asked, looking around slowly.

“Upstairs I think. Jack’s with them. I hope.” I said.

“Really?” Alicia squealed.

“Yeah.” I laughed. “I better go up and check no one has died. Come up with me.” I said, grabbing a hold of Alicia’s hand and leading her upstairs.

“Gerard?” I yelled as Alicia and I climbed the stairs together.

“Yes?” Gerard yelled back.

“Can you please get the lasagne out of the oven. I don’t want it to burn!” I yelled, louder this time, as I was fully upstairs now.

“ Fine.” Gerard sighed loudly.

“Thank you!” I screamed as I walked over to mine and Gerard’s bedroom.