Never Tear Us Apart

Frozen By Shock

Anna jumped out of bed happily on Friday morning.

She sung loudly in the shower, and skipped down the stairs before driving to school.

Why was she so happy? Gerard’s coming home today.

Anna’s day seemed to go in slow motion, dragging on painfully.

Anna sat down under a tree with a few friends at lunchtime, when her phone rang.

“Hello my fair brother.” Anna said joyfully.

“Hey Anna.” Anna’s brother Jack said quietly.

“Jack, what’s wrong?” Anna asked, panic swarming over her.

“Are you able to get out of school early? There’s something you need to be told, but we don’t want to do it over the phone.” Jack said, sounding on the verge of tears.

“Jack, what’s wrong, you’re scaring me.” Anna asked in a worried tone.

“Not now Anna. Just come as soon as you can. I’ll tell you everything then.” Jack chocked.

“I’ll be there in half an hour.” Anna said quickly before hanging up.

“I’m sorry, but I gotta go. Something’s come up.” Anna said, standing up and begging to turn away.

“Hope everything’s okay. We’ll see you another time.” Anna’s friend before Anna turned away and quickly ran to her car.

The whole drive to her parents’ house, a million questions ran through Anna’s head. She put her right foot down even more as she grew more and more worried. Something has happened. Something was wrong.

Anna shook slightly as she neared her parent’s house. The fact of knowing something was up, but having no idea what that was sent terror through her body.

When Anna finally drove into her parent’s driveway, she regretted it immediately.

In the small, cozy front yard, with the white picket fence, was two police cars parked perfectly out the front of the house.

Anna froze as she stopped the car. She took deep, calming breathes before opening the car door and stepping out.

She searched violently for her mother. She looked over at the verandah and saw Linda crying hysterically, with Jack’s arm around her, crying himself.

“Miss Worthington?” A police officer said, approaching her with another officer beside him.

“Yes.” Anna said quietly, nodding.

“David Worthington’s daughter?” The other officer asked.

Anna nodded again.

“I am Sergeant Killbourne and this is my partner Sergeant James.” The officer said professionally.

I smiled weakly.

“We have some unpleasant news for you today.” Sergeant Killbourne said.

Anna’s stomach dropped as she stopped breathing.

Sergeant James cleared his throat awkwardly before saying quietly: “We’re extremely sorry to inform you Miss Worthington, that you’re Father has died in a truck accident…”

__________________________________________________________
Sorry it took so long for updates, but I was having a little writters block.
Comment and tell me what you think. I'd love you forever :)