Never Tear Us Apart

Don't Do This Again

*Gerard’s P.O.V*

I slowly drove home in silence.

Anna and I hadn’t talked much since I had arrived at her Mum and Dad’s place. She’s basically been silent the whole time.

I sighed and briefly shifted my glance to her.

“You okay?” I asked softly, taking my hand and slowly placing it on her thigh.

She turned away from me in her seat.

“I’ll be fine.” Anna mumbled.

Ah great, here it goes, Anna’s rejection, slash, isolation stage. She always does this.

I sighed as I drove into our driveway and stopped the car.

I took the key out of the ignition and sat back.

Anna got out of the car without saying a word, before unlocking the front door.

I walked into the house and saw Anna carrying a stack of books and slamming them on the table.

“Anna. What are you doing?” I sighed.

“Homework. If I don’t get it done, I’ll never hear the end of it.” Anna replied.

I sat down on the chair next to her.

“Don’t do this again…” I whispered, leaning my head on her shoulder and reaching out to take her hand.

“Do what?” Anna asked, slipping her hand away from mine.

“Don’t play pretend Anna. You know what you’re doing.” I said, lifting my head up.

“All I’m trying to do is my homework.” Anna said simply, avoiding my eyes.

“Please Anna. Don’t do this.” I said quietly.

“I’m not doing anything Gerard!” Anna snapped loudly.

“Please just leave me alone…” Anna whispered.

I sighed and got up off my chair.

I walked over to the stairs and walked up to the top.

I looked back at Anna. She was slumped over her chair with her head buried in a book. I doubt she was actually reading it though.

I threw myself on the bed and closed my eyes, thinking about what’s going to be lying ahead of me. Anna wasn’t going to make this easy. She never does.

I remember when Jessica died, there were days were I would never talk or even see her at all. She’d either be doing something, whatever it was, she’d be doing it, or she’d be lying in bed all day.

She went through these stages. One minute she’d be cuddling me, and the next she’d keep to herself and push me away. It’s her way of grieving I guess…

I just hope she wasn’t going to be like that again; or we’d both be in for a hell of a few months...

_______________________________________________________________________
Sorry about the short, shitty chapter. But I promise some of the good stuff is coming :)
You know the drill, comment and I shall send you love :)