Status: Complete - Check out the sequel :)

When Duty Calls

Chapter 3

Andrea brought her hand up to her face and rubbed her eyes. She wished that he’d stop staring her, for the past two hours she’d felt his eyes on her, catching his gaze every time she looked up from the TV.

She focused her concentration on the cop show they were watching. Usually she loved shows such as this one, always striving to solve the crime before the cops did, but tonight she was finding it hard to concentrate with Brian’s gaze burning into her.

It was times like this that she wished she still lived in her own place; she could have gone home shortly after Michelle had returned to work. Instead she found her self being sat across the table from Brian at dinner time and now she was curled up in the love seat while Brian and Michelle were on the sofa, Michelle stretched out with her head resting on his chest, completely oblivious to the looks Brian was sending Andrea’s way.

Of course, when she’d first been asked to move in with them, nothing had been going on between her and Brian. They’d all decided that it would be easier if she moved into the spare room, which it was for the most part. She didn’t have to get up too early before starting work, she didn’t have to deal with travelling to and from work and she didn’t have to cook dinner every night.

Living in the same house as Brian had no doubt played a large part on their affair starting and continuing in the way it had. It was easy for Andrea and Brian to spend time together, and without raising suspicions.

As she felt his gaze on her again, Andrea again lifted her head up to face again to rub her eyes before pushing herself up out of her seat.

“I’m off to bed guys, good night.” She said quietly.

“Oh, ok, goodnight Hun, see you in the morning.” Michelle replied lifting her head slightly off Brian’s chest.

“Yeah, night.” Brian said with a smile, winking discreetly at her as she turned to leave the living room and head up the stairs to bed.

Not being tired, and just wanting to get away from Brian’s gaze, Andrea lay in bed, listening to music on her iPod as she thought about what had happened that day. She’d been so sure she was strong enough to stop anything happening between her and Brian. She’d promised herself a week ago, before he left for a few shows with the band, that she had meant what she’d said to him. She had told him it was over between them, she couldn’t do it anymore. Brian didn’t want them to stop, so she told him she’d be gone by the time he was back. She would have gone as well if it wasn’t for the look of heartbreak that she’d seen in Connor’s face when she’d tried to explain to him that she wouldn’t always be his nanny. She couldn’t do that to a child, so she decided to stay but only as a nanny, not as a mistress.

As she lay there thinking over her ‘relationship’ with Brian, she couldn’t help but allow a smile appear on her lips. She couldn’t argue that he was possibly the best looking man her eyes had even set eyes on, and she was sure that there couldn’t be many out there who were better. If only he wasn’t married, or if she didn’t have such a strong conscious screaming at her that she couldn’t have an affair with him.

Soon, with the image of him still behind her eyelids, Andrea found herself drifting off to sleep.


“And we’ll leave it there for tonight I think.” Andrea said to Connor as she bookmarked the page of ‘James and the Giant Peach’ she was reading with him at bedtime.

“Oh, Andrea, one more page, please” Connor pleaded, pouting, his big brown eyes, identical to his fathers, looking sad and yet hopeful.

“No, you’ve already gone over your time by ten minutes.” She replied placing the book back on his bookcase.

“Oh, but its Saturday tomorrow.” he moaned through a stifled yawn. Andrea chuckled; she went through this most nights with him. Despite being tired and struggling to keep his eyes open, Connor always wanted one more page.

“So, if you’re good, and sleep through the night maybe I’ll read some more after breakfast in the morning.” Andrea offered.

Connor smiled broadly and quickly pushed himself into his bedcovers, his eyes squeezing shut. “Good night Andrea.” He whispered, peering out through one eye before shutting it quickly again.

“Night honey, sleep well.” She replied bending down to place a soft kiss against his temple. She turned on his night light before turning to leave the room. She jumped slightly, not noticing that Brian was stood in the doorway, leaning up against the door frame.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scar you.” he whispered, his hand reaching across and turning off the main light of the bedroom.

“It’s ok.” Andrea replied as she continued out of the room, brushing past him as he remained stood in the doorway for a moment before turning to follow her, gently closing the door behind them.

“You’re so good with him.” Brian said as they walked down the stairs.

“Thanks.” Andrea replied quietly, feeling herself blush as she made her way to the kitchen.

“So what’s your plan for tonight then?” Brian asked, jumping up onto the kitchen counter, watching her take a large bottle of Sprite from the fridge. She shrugged her shoulders as she leant up to take two glasses out of the cupboard.

“What do you normally do on a Friday night if you’re staying in?” he asked as she poured the sprite into the glasses.

“Well, normally, I get into comfy clothes and curl up on the sofa with soda, chocolate or sweets or something and watch trashy movies.” She replied, passing one of the glasses to him.

“Thanks, what? Like chick flicks?” he asked.

Andrea shook her head, “No, I prefer whatever low budget horror movie is playing on Zone Horror or the Horror Channel.”

“Cool, so, why don’t you go put some comfy clothes on and I’ll get out the ice-cream from the freezer; the stuff Michelle thinks is her secret stash!” Brian said excitedly, jumping down off the counter top with a large smile.

“Seriously?” Andrea giggled, taken in by the look of pure excitement in his eyes.

“Yeah, come on, it could be fun!” he replied, taking the glass out of her hand and placing it on the counter next to his. “Comfy clothes, quickly.” he ordered, pointing his finger in the direction of the stairs. Andrea giggled and rolled her eyes, but followed his orders anyway.
When she returned back down stairs, she found Brian sat on the sofa. There was a tub of ice cream on coffee table in front of him along with two spoons, the two glasses of Sprite she’d poured as the rest of the bottle sat on the floor beside the table. The main light of the living room had been turned off, the only light coming from the small lamp in the corner of the room.

“I was going to leave all the lights off, but I wasn’t sure how much of a wimp you were, so you can turn the lamp off if you want.” Brian said as Andrea sat down at the opposite end of the sofa.

“No it’s ok.” she replied sheepishly, pulling her legs up onto the sofa so that she was sat on them.

“Fair enough. This one’s just started, we haven’t missed too much of it.” Brian said, a small smirk resting on his lips as he leant across and placed the remote back onto the table. Andrea just nodded as Brian picked up the two glasses off the table and handed her one.

“Coming to share this ice cream before it melts?” Brian asked quietly, about half an hour into the film. Andrea nodded as he motioned her to move closer to him so they could share easier.

He opened the tub and scooped out a spoonful of the softened ice-cream passing the tub to her before eating it. She did the same and passed the tub back quickly.

“Don’t you like it?” Brian asked as Andrea hesitated to take the tub back off him.

“No, it’s just the tubs really cold.” She replied with a slight blush. A smirk tugged at the corner of Brian’s lips as he scooped out another spoonful and offered it to her. She smiled as she took the spoon into her mouth, their eyes sparkling as they held each others’ gaze.

“Thanks.” She said quietly, quickly returning her attention to the film but she didn’t miss the wink he sent in her direction. He continued to feed her ice cream until the tub was empty. They then both settled back into the sofa, Andrea remaining curled up next to Brian, keeping her eyes totally focused on the screen.

She was so engrossed in the screen that when the killer suddenly grabbed and slashed the throat of one of the characters Andrea jumped out of her skin, screaming.

“Hey, it’s ok.” Brian said as his arms wrapped around her shoulders, pulling her towards his broad chest. “You were really into that then.” He added with a chuckle as he soothingly ran his hand along the back of her arm.

“I guess I wasn’t expecting it.” She replied quietly, slowly raising her head off his chest. As she did her eyes met his and she felt her cheeks flush. For a brief moment everything seemed to slow right down, each movement taking an eternity. Then time seemed to catch up with itself and his lips were on hers as she opened her mouth to give him access, allowing his tongue to sweep into her mouth and caress her own.

The next thing she knew, she was led on the sofa, staring into his deep chocolate brown eyes as he slowly pulled down her pyjama pants while she reached into his cargo shorts and took hold of his large, hard, throbbing penis. She watched his eyes close as she began to run her hand slowly up and down the thick shaft, a moan escaping his lips. Suddenly his eyes were open again as he was taking his penis from her hand and rubbing it over her moistening entrance before gliding it into her slowly. They both moaned loudly at the feel of him stretching her, reaching deep into her as he began to thrust slowly into her.

A loud moan passed Andrea’s sleeping lips, followed quickly by a gasp as she woke herself, sitting up in bed as she tried to catch her breath. The dream had been so real, as if she was there, as if it was happening all over again, and she couldn’t help the warm happy feeling it had given her.

Her first time with Brian had been like no other she’d experienced before. Of course since then it had only got better, and maybe that was why she was having such a hard time forgetting it and stopping it.

That night, after they’d had sex for the first time, he told her that he wanted her, that he’s been infatuated with her since she arrived in their house for the interview. He’d tried to find excuses for them not to hire her, fearing that once she was working for them he wouldn’t be able to control himself around her, but in the end he couldn’t deny that she was by far the best candidate for the job.

She had also admitted that she was attracted to him, or at least to Synyster Gates, and her attraction to him had grown as she had gotten to know the man behind the Rock star.

She lay in bed, staring up into darkness as she thought over her actions with Brian over the past two months. Every time something had happened between them she had tried to tell him that it was the last time, but she kept being pulled back in by him.

She had been adamant a week ago, after Matt had almost caught them kissing that it was over for good and that she was quitting the job, and what she’d told him that morning had been true. She really couldn’t break Connor’s heart by leaving, but there had also been this little voice in the back of her head that was telling her that it wasn’t only Connor and Ella she would miss if she left.

She lay in silence, the room slowly becoming lighter as morning approached. She glanced at the clock on her nightstand and saw her alarm would be going off in about half an hour so she decided to turn it off and head for an early morning bath. Maybe that would help clear her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Andrea

For those of you who don't know, I've got six stories on the go at the moment so I'm working on each of them in turn. Two of them I posted the first chapter of back in May to see which one I should continue with. Anyway, I actually got round to posting the second chapter of Love Is A Losing Game earlier if you wanna check it out!

Thanks to everyone who commented on the last chapter, let's see if more of you can make me happy with this one.....? :)