Status: You guys were great! Thank you! Be on the look out for my new story, Bottom of the Bottle.

The Forbidden Fruit

Chatper 10

“I thought you wouldn’t come.” Mr. Ward laughed, leaning back on his desk, smugly.

I ignored his comment and walked to the furthest spot away from him and threw my things down on the floor. I flopped into my seat and threw my head on the table top, groaning from the pain that seared through my skull. I heard Mr. Ward laughed and I mentally flipped him off, holding my hands tightly so I wouldn’t do it.

“I need a baby-sitter.” He said, walking up to me.

“I’m busy.”

“You don’t even know when I need one.” He laughed.

“I don’t care, I’m busy.”

“Maria.”

“Mr. Ward.” I mocked him, finally sitting up.

“Why are you being like this?”

“Why am I being like this?” I asked, incredulously, “Are you serious?”

“Yes.” He said calmly, sitting in the desk next to me.

“You have got to be kidding me.” I said, looking at the ceiling.

I looked down to see him staring at me intently. I groaned and picked up my stuff.

“Where are you going?” He asked, standing up, ready to stop me.

“I don’t have time for this.” I shook my head, walking to the front.

He followed me to the door blocking it from me.

“Move.” I spat, narrowing my eyes.

“You are here for detention, Maria.” He said, narrowing his eyes also.

“Derrick.” I breathed deeply, trying to calm myself, “Move.”

“Maria, you do not talk to me like that.”

“Move.” I said once again, “Move right now.”

“I will not.”

“I’ll scream.” I warned, stepping away form him a bit.

“I don’t care.”

“You don’t?” I asked, bringing a sadistic smile to my face.

He looked scared for a moment but then shook it of, “No, I don’t.”

I smiled, opening my mouth to scream. I judged his reaction, deciding that he really wasn’t scared of me screaming in his closed classroom with just two of us here. I shrugged, laughing a bit.

“Oh, Derrick!” I yelled as loud as I could, smiling at him.

“Maria!” He said harshly, wrapping a hand around my mouth.

I ripped myself away from him, “Don’t fucking touch me.”

“That little stunt cost you two more detentions.”

“How fucking great.” I rolled my eyes.

“Go sit down right now.”

“Don’t tell me what to do.” I rolled my eyes, brushing past him and out the door.

He followed me, with book bag in hand. I turned around and rolled my eyes at him, bursting through the front doors. I walked casually to my car, and threw my things in the trunk, slamming it harder than necessary. Derrick walked through the school doors and stopped at my car, his hand blocking me from opening my door.

“Let the fuck go.” I said darkly, trying to pry his hand from my driver’s side door.

“You better go back into my classroom, Maria.” He said, keeping his firm grip on my door.

“You better get the fuck off of my door, Derrick.”

“Five.” He said slowly.

“Give it up! I’m seventeen. Seven-teen.” I said slowly, karate chopping his forearm.

He didn’t budge.

“Four.”

“Oh my god!” I yelled, trying to yank his hand away from my car.

“Three.”

“Mr. Ward!” I yelled, stomping my foot.

“Two.”

“Ugh!” I yelled, pulling on my hair.

“One. That’s another detention.”

“Stop!” I yelled, kicking his shin.

“That’s another one.” He winced, bringing his shin up to rub with his free hand.

“Just go away!” I yelled, “You’re fucking annoying!”

“That’s another detention.”

Tears pricked my eyes and I turned away from him quickly so he wouldn’t see me cry. I closed my eyes, breathing in deeply three times.

“Maria.” He said warningly, “If you don’t go into my classroom, you’re going to have detention for the rest of this month.”

“I don’t care!” I yelled, my voice weak from crying, “Just go away!”

“What’s wrong?” He asked, worried, turning me around quickly.

“You’re fucking annoying!” I said, wiping my eyes, “Leave me the fuck alone.”

I pulled myself away from him and got into my car, locking the door quickly. Derrick was pounding on my window but I ignored him and started my car, backing up successfully and drove away form the school, still crying.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I don't know if you guys do this, but when I got SUPER pissed off, I just cry, so if you guys were like "WTF?! Why is she crying.", that's why. :]

Anyways, I would LIKE about 3 or 4 comments, but I'll take what I can get :]