Status: You guys were great! Thank you! Be on the look out for my new story, Bottom of the Bottle.

The Forbidden Fruit

Chapter 16

“Today is Fantastic Friday.” Derrick said, getting up from his chair and moved to the front of the class.

“What does that mean?” I heard a voice ask,

“From every Friday from now on, we will read fantastic books and poems, or watch fantastic movies. For today, we will be watching Vertigo.”

“Isn’t that a Hitchcock film?” Melissa Jones asked.

“Yes, and no sleeping.” Derrick laughed, popping in the digitally re-mastered DVD into the player.

Derrick turned the lights off and quietly walked over to me, “You still have detention today.”

I nodded, folding my arms on top of the table and resting my hands on top of them. He pushed himself up and walked back to his desk, propping his feet up in it and watched the movie. I kept sneaking peeks at him out of the corner of my eye. I came to the conclusion that he was especially hot in the dark.

-----------------

“Hey Maria.” Shane said, setting his tray down at my table, moving some of my papers away.

“Hey.” I sighed, erasing all of the work that I did on problem three.

“You have no food again.”

I laughed and looked up, seeing he got a Granny Smith apple, “You didn’t get that for me, did you?”

He nodded, placing the apple in my hand, “Your favorite.”

I took a bite, satisfied with the crunch, “Thank you.”

He picked up his Sloppy Joe and took a bite, getting meat sauce all over his face, “This is good.”

“That’s gross.” I said, handing him a napkin.

“Anyways, how was your day so far?”

“It was alright.” I nodded, finally finishing problem three.

“So you have detention all this month?” He asked, taking another bite.

I nodded, “Yup. It sucks.”

“What’d you do?” He asked, opening his bag of chips.

“Well… it’s a combination, really. I think I got most of them from kicking Mr. Ward in the shin.”

Shane choked on his milk, “Uh, whoa there.”

I shrugged, smiling sheepishly.

“What’d he do to you?”

“He stopped me from getting in my car.”

“Wow, talk about anger management.”

I laughed, rolling my eyes, “It’s complicated.”

“It must be if Maria is involved in it.”

-------------------

“Miss Maria!” Derrick laughed, looking up when I walked into his classroom.

“What am I doing today?” I sighed, setting my things on a chair.

“Uh, well, I don’t really know.”

“Can I just like.. Chill out?”

“No.” He smiled, quickly thinking, “Grade these papers.”

I walked over to him, my trouser jeans falling down a bit, and grabbed the stack of papers out of his hands, “Why are you always grading?”

“Because I’m a teacher?”

“Well, stop having so many assignments.”

“Well aren’t you so smart?” Derrick cooed, causing me to roll my eyes.

“How do I grade these?”

“If they write something, give them 10 points.” He said, marking another paper.

“Uh, don’t you care about spelling or quality or something?” I asked, staring at the paper.

“Fine then, if you see something spelled wrong, give them five points.”

“Okay.” I sighed, getting out a red pen and began marking all of the papers with their respectable grades.

-------------------

“Maria.” My Mom said, walking into my room, without knocking.

“Yes?” I turned away from my laptop.

“Don’t forget you’re going out with Dave and I tomorrow.”

“Mom!” I whined.

“No buts.” She said, turning around to leave.

“I’m busy!” I said.

“With what?” She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.

“I’m…” I searched my brain for something to say, “I’m going on a date.”

Her face instantly brightened, “Maria! That’s wonderful!”

“I know.” I said lowly.

“What’s his name?”

“Uh… uh.” I stuttered, “His name is… Derr- Daren.” I nodded in satisfaction.

“I would like to meet him sometime.” She smiled, walking out of my room.

I groaned and slammed my head on the computer desk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, I fell horrible, I skipped yoga, but it's whatever.
I have 3 free skips and I think this one is only my second.

So, anyways, comment!