Status: You guys were great! Thank you! Be on the look out for my new story, Bottom of the Bottle.

The Forbidden Fruit

Chapter 21

I walked into Derrick’s classroom, dreading this detention. Ever since lunch, I was daydreaming about Derrick’s lips on my neck, and his warm hands trailing over my body. When the door shut, he looked up at me. He cleared his throat.

“I want you to wash the walls.”

“Come on.” I sighed, “You’re just mad.”

“I know I’m mad.”

“Now you know how I feel.” I said, setting my things down on my desk.

His stare was intense and intimidating, “I already set the cleaning supplies on that desk.”

I looked back to where he was pointing, then turned back, “Do I really have to?”

“Yes, Maria.”

I sighed, slumping my shoulders, “I’m really tired.”

“Well then you should have gotten more sleep.” Derrick said, not looking up from his papers.

“Or maybe I should have been less active on Saturday.” I shrugged, walking backwards to the bucket full of cleaning solution.

His head snapped up, “Don’t talk about that!”

I turned back around and began washing the walls. I was making good time, too.

“Why don’t you want to make out?” Derrick asked, causing me to laugh.

“Because.” I dropped the wash cloth in the bucket, splattering my clothes with dirty wall water, “Every time I get close to you, you just push me away later.”

He sighed, “I don’t want to keep pushing you away, Maria.”

“But you do, Derrick.” I said, turning away from him and began washing the walls again.

“Maria.” He said, getting up form his chair and walked towards me, “I just don’t want to ruin our lives.”

I rolled my eyes, swallowing the lump in the throat, “They wont be ruined.”

“Maria, do you know what would happen to us if people found out.”

“I don’t care, Derrick.”

“I do, Maria!” He sighed, frustrated.

“No, I don’t care about finding out what would happen to us.”

“Why?”

“Because!” I cried, throwing the rag into the bucket, splashing both of us, “Because you have sex with me and then just left! Because you had sex with me and then said it was a mistake! Because you just annoy the fuck out of me!” I yelled.

He flinched at my words, “I’m sorry, okay?”

“No, Derrick. This is the last time and I mean it.”

“Maria, you don’t mean that.” He lightly pushed me against the wet wall.

The water seeped into my clothes, wetting my skin, “Yes, I do.”

He groaned, then hugged me, “I’m sorry!”

“Stop saying that!” I yelled, ripping myself away from him.

“I don’t know what else to say!” He said, stepping away from me.

“Just stay away from me!” I yelled, walking over to my things, blinking back the tears that were forming in my eyes.

“Maria.” He said sadly, walking towards me.

“I said don’t!” I yelled, running out of the room.

------------------------------

“Maria!” Derrick said, pounding on my front door.

My Mother was out with Dave, again, and I was stuck at home, wallowing in self pity. Currently, I was watching “10 Things I Hate About You,” eating Half Baked Ben & Jerry’s. I turned to volume up on my TV, trying to block out my teacher banging on my front door.

“Maria!” He yelled, pounding harder.

I turned the volume up even louder, eating another spoonful of delicious ice cream.

“Maria!” He groaned, throwing his whole body against my door.

My eyes widened, but then closed momentarily. I pulled my blanket closer around myself.

“I’m not leaving, Maria!”

I groaned, turning the volume up all of the way. When I couldn’t hear him anymore, I smiled to myself in satisfaction.

“I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even clos-” I quickly paused the DVD and shut it off.

The sudden silence left a ringing in my ears. Derrick lightly knocked on my door. I wiped the tears away from my eyes.

“Go away!” I croaked loudly, shoveling another cold spoonful into my mouth.

“Maria.” He said sadly, leaning against my door.

“I’m in a fragile state, Derrick!” I yelled, finishing the last bit of ice cream.

The lock slowly turned and then the door opened, revealing Derrick. My breath got caught in my throat, and I looked away, wiping my eyes.

“Maria.” He said softly, walking over to my couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is the last update for like... 7 hours.
Anyways, comment it and tell me what you think :]