Status: You guys were great! Thank you! Be on the look out for my new story, Bottom of the Bottle.

The Forbidden Fruit

Chapter 28

“What,” I asked, walking into the house, “is so important that I had to rush here?”

“I don’t like him.” Derrick said, crossing his arms.

“I don’t like people, too! I but don’t forbid other people from seeing them.”

He rolled his eyes and leaned onto the wall, “It’s not like that.”

“Then what is it like?” I asked, crossing my own arms.

“He’s a bad kid.”

“I’m a bad kid.” I said.

“It’s not like that.”

“You seem to say that a lot.” I rolled my own eyes, leaning against the wall.

He got annoyed that I copied him and pushed himself off of the wall, “He really isn’t someone you should be hanging around.”

“I’m 17, right?” I asked.

“Yes…” He said slowly.

“Almost a legal adult, right?”

“Where are you going with this?” He groaned.

“I’m almost a legal adult, right?” I asked, growing impatient.

“Yes, Maria, you are.”

“Then I can make my own God damned decisions!” I yelled, pushing myself off of the wall and throwing my hands at my sides.

“You know what?” He asked, crossing his own arms.

“I’m out of here.” I stormed around his house, grabbing my things.

He stood in front of the door, “Maria, don’t.”

“Move, Derrick.” I squinted my eyes.

“Come on.”

“Move!” I yelled, waking up Troy.

Derrick looked back to Troy, “Great.”

“Now move.”

------------------------------

I walked into Derrick’s classroom two minutes before the bell rang. I plopped into my seat and stared out the window.

“Maria.”

I didn’t glance at Derrick. He sighed and sat back into his chair, “You still have detention today.”

“Fine. Whatever.” I blew him off.

Students came rushing into the door just as the bell rang and Derrick pushed himself out of his chair. He began writing on the board, “Decisions.” I rolled my eyes, reluctantly getting out a piece of paper.

“Today, we will begin writing an essay.”

There was a collective groan.

“It’ll be really easy. Just give me two or three pages on why you made the decisions you’ve made in your life.”

“Double spaced?” Someone asked.

“Yes. Always double spaced.”

“Size 12 font?”

“Yes. Always size 12.” He pushed himself off of his desk, “Get to work. It’s due Monday.”

-------------------------

I sat at my computer. The Word document sat blank. The text cursor was blinking at me. I Folded my hands and set them in my lap. What does he want me to write? Did he form his assignment for me? A mischievous grin slid onto my face.

“Fuck you, Derrick.”

----------------------

I walked into Derrick’s classroom the next day and threw my four-page essay on his desk. He looked up at me, startled.

“What is this?”

“My essay.” I rolled my eyes, “I have somewhere I have to be.”

I was almost out of his classroom, “And where is that?”

I turned over my shoulder, “Anywhere but here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know! Another fight. I bet you're tired of them!

But, I'll udpate tomorrow, and it might be better, I don't know.

If you want to read a real tear jerker, then read my "Diary of a Dying Girl."
I started bawling while I wrote it. :]