Status: You guys were great! Thank you! Be on the look out for my new story, Bottom of the Bottle.

The Forbidden Fruit

Chapter 6

“Oh good.” Derrick smiled, ushering me in, “You’re here just in time.”

“You’re welcome?” I laughed nervously, “So where is the tyke?”

“He’s down for a nap, he’ll be up in about an hour.”

“Alright.” I nodded, taking in his living room.

It smelled like pumpkins, and I noticed a candle burning right next to the door. The carpet was a creamy white color, and the walls were a pale butter color. There was a leather sofa facing away from me and to the TV, and a love seat facing the kitchen, which was adjacent to the living room. There was a big leather ottoman in the center with a tray of more candles burning on it. I closed my eyes and inhaled the scent.

“So, when he wakes up, he’ll want a bottle, and I made one and it’s in the fridge. Just pop it on the microwave for 30 seconds and feed it to him. And don’t forget to burp him after. He usually isn’t that fussy.” Derrick ran around his house, grabbing all sorts of things.

“Where are you going?” I asked, following him.

“There’s an emergency teacher meeting at school. I would have my Mom baby-sit, but she’s busy with her knitting club.” He rolled his eyes.

I nodded, taking in his bedroom. There was a crib on the same wall as the door, which I presumed Troy was in, and then across from the crib was a big bed, with a comfy looking comforter over it. The walls were a medium shade of sage, and the bedside lamp was lit. It still smelled like pumpkins.

“Well, I’ll be back in maybe 3 hours.” Derrick smiled at me, walking back out into the living room.

I nodded, “Okay.”

“Just watch TV or something until he wakes up.”

I nodded again.

“Bye!” He smiled and waved at me, jogging out to his car and slipping in.

------------------

The cry woke me up. I jumped to my feet and turned the TV off, running to Derrick's bedroom. I jogged over to Troy’s crib and carefully picked him up, sending him a smile. Troy quieted down at my touch, and cuddled into me. I rubbed his cheek as I walked back into the kitchen, ripping open the refrigerator door and taking out his bottle. I popped it into the microwave for 30 seconds and then took it out. Troy brightened at the sight of a bottle and began grabbing for it. I gently put it into his mouth and walked back to the couch, talking softly to him.

“Your daddy is hot.” I cooed, rocking him softly.

He drank the milk fairly quickly, and I grabbed a washcloth from the kitchen burped him.

“Do you want to watch TV?” I asked him, padding back to the couch.

He giggled.

I smiled down to him and turned the TV on, changing the channel to Disney Channel. I knew whatever I told him went in one ear and out the other, but he was fun to talk to.

“You’re so cute!” I gushed, tickling his stomach, receiving a laugh from him.

My phone rang and I picked it up, flipping it open, “Hello?”

“Maria!” Derrick smiled, “I’m coming home.”

“Alright, I’ll be here.”

“I’ll be there in like 10 minutes.”

-------------

“Where’s my baby boy?” Derrick asked, rushing through the door.

“Here he is!” I called, lifting him up to see his Dad.

Derrick quickly picked him up and hugged him, sending me a smile, “What do I owe you?”

“Uh, n-nothing.” I shrugged.

“I have to pay you!” Derrick exclaimed, holding Troy with one hand.

Well, we could go on a date, I thought, but quickly brushed the thought away from my mind.

“No, really, it’s alright.” I shook my head.

“Hang on, let me go put Troy down.” Derrick said, walking into his bedroom.

I waited in the living room, taking in the pumpkin-y scent.

“Here, take $20.” Derrick said, handing me $20.

“No, I couldn’t, that’d be weird.” I said pushing his hand back towards him, ignoring the spark I felt.

“Well what else could I give you?”

I shrugged.

“How about you stay for dinner?” He asked.

I shrugged, and then nodded, “I guess I could do that.”

“Alright.” He smiled, jogging into the kitchen.

“So what are we having?” I asked, sitting on the barstool.

“I was thinking… I suck at cooking.” He confessed, perusing the refrigerator.

“How about spaghetti?” I suggested, shrugging once again.

“I can do that.” He laughed, grabbing the spaghetti sauce.

I sat back and watched him make the dinner, my eyes constantly glued to his wonderful, sculpted back. I shook my head whenever and thoughts about how sexy or wonderful he was. I stood up, causing him to turn around and look at me.

“Where are you going?” He asked, shocked.

“To go get Troy.” I smiled, walking into his bedroom and grabbed Troy, then walked back into the kitchen, sitting back down in the same chair.

“You’re really good with him.” He smiled, turning back to his spaghetti.

“Thanks.” I smiled, “So what was the meeting about?”

“About how we need to watch out for gangs and violence in the hallways.” I could tell he rolled his eyes.

“Sounds boring.” I sighed, playing with Troy.

“It was.”

I just then realized how weird this whole situation was. People don’t just baby-sit for their teachers and then stay over for dinner. This must mean I’m some sort of special, it’s like he likes me or something. I smiled at this thought. I noticed he was looking at me intently.

“What?” I smiled at him.

“What were you thinking about?”

“Oh, it’s nothing.” I smiled, shaking my head.

“I bet it’s not.” He smiled back at me, setting a plate of spaghetti down in front of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, I know! 6 whole chapters and nothing steamy?!

Well, my reason for this is because I want to find the right moment to introduce it, or else it would be like a tacky, cheesy romance story.

Anyways, how about 5 more comments?