Almost Easy

Concerts

My dark eyes scanned the crowd, of the ‘Escape the Fate’ concert. I had already seen 3 fights break out and they were only on their second song.
I could feel somebody watching me. It stopped bugging me years ago. Ever since my car accident, people have stared at my scar. For some reason it was different this time. I didn’t know how I knew, but I did.

“Sarah, is that you?” A quiet voice called from behind me.

“Kimberly!! I wasn’t sure you’d drive this far to watch this concert.” I smiled a little.

“I haven’t seen you in forever. I knew you’d be here.” She laughed.

I walked up to her, and embraced her, tightly. I felt the tears streaking down my face.

“I’ve missed you so much.” I sobbed.

“I know. I haven’t been the same since you left.” She sighed.

“Sarah, we’ve got the passes, they want us back there, like…now.” Johanna called, and I knew
she’d be looking at her watch.

“Alright…I’ll see you later, Kim. Text ya, later.” I gave her a kiss on the cheek and ran in between Johanna, and Bethany.

“Who was that?” Bethany asked, texting on her phone.

“That’s my friend, Kimberly from Atlanta, Georgia.”

“Honey, we live in Panama city. That‘s 591 miles. An estimated 9 hour drive, depending on traffic, and how fast she drove, and how many stops she took.” Johanna said.

“I know.” I shrugged.

I didn’t want to make a scene, though not many would notice my tear streaked face anyways. I ran into something hard, and very large, stumbling backwards, but Johanna grabbed my arm.

“Sorry.” I mumbled, glancing up at the man.

“No problem.” He smiled, crookedly.

Bethany finally looked up from her phone.

“H-hi.” She stuttered.

“Hey.” He nodded in her direction.

“Brian Elwin Haner Jr. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Johanna smiled hugely.

I barely noticed the flicker of eye movement in my direction.

“We’ve gotta be back stage, before this song is over, c’mon.” I said, slipping around him.
Bethany sighed, following Johanna.

“Just because you know him doesn’t mean that we don’t want to get to.” Bethany complained.

“He’s a prick, you guys. Get over it. You know Ronnie Radke, who is a total sweetheart, why would you need to know Synyster Gates?” I demanded, flashing my pass at the security guard, as I passed.

“He only has the most magical fingers in all of guitarist, history.” She pouted.

“Not that you’d ever find out.” Johanna grumbled.

You see, they didn’t get along well. Beth was kind of a tease, and she was all over Ronnie. That for some reason, angered Jo. It might have something to do with the fact, that Ronnie and her were dating.

“Hey, baby.” A voice interrupted my thoughts.

I watched as Ronnie walked over and kissed Johanna. Glancing at Max from the corner of my eye, I saw a wistful look in his eyes.

I knew I’d hurt him, but I let him down as easily as I could. I had to admit, I had very strong feelings for him. Most of which were ones that I was afraid of…mostly because he was a rock star.

“C’mon girls.” Ronnie said, taking Jo’s hand and grinning at me. Max took my hand, too…now I was confused.

“Where are we going?” I asked warily, as they pulled us along.

Max looked at me and bit his lip. It took me a minute to comprehend.

“Don-” But he cut me off and he kissed me.

I tried to stop myself, but I kissed him back. Loud cheers, broke through my thoughts.

“Max…” I growled, I was pissed.

Not only had he kissed me in front of hundreds of people, but he kissed me. I had thought, I had finally gotten rid of any feelings I had left for him, and then he went and did that.
Angrily, I turned to walk off stage, but as I did, I met the dark eyes, of someone I’d known for far longer then I wanted to.