Almost Easy

Party!

Stripping off my dress and tossing it on a chair I dove into the deep end of the pool. I saw Kim kick off her shorts, and dive in after me.

We stood in the far corner and gestured for the guys to come in. Jimmy and Brian were the first ones in the water, followed by Zacky, who raced Brian over to us.

Upon winning, Zacky took Kim as his prize. I laughed.

“Guess I’m stuck with you, huh?” I asked, pushing Brian’s shoulder, playfully.

“I guess. I like your
Tattoo
by the way.” He said, nodding to my back.

“Thanks, only matches half my personality.” I smiled wickedly.

I jumped on Brian’s back, when ‘Say Goodbye’ by Chris Brown, went off on the table.

“Shit.” I mumbled.

Matt picked up my phone and read the screen.

“Max Green.” He read aloud.

I pulled myself out of the water, and Brian slapped my ass. I turned to him with an ‘I’m not in the mood for your shit look.

He looked at me confused, and I turned back to Matt, to take my phone.

‘Sarah,
I’m sorry about what I did. I wasn’t thinking. Please don’t be mad at me!! I’m so in love with you, and I wish you would tell me that you love me, too. I know you probably won’t and your mad at me, but…please baby, for us.’

When I replied, I replied with a ring tone. ’It’s Over’ by Jesse McCartney.

I felt bad, but it was the only thing I could think of. Johanna would be home late tonight to bitch me out, but right now, I was gonna have fun.

“You alright?” Matt asked concerned.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” I asked.

“Just wondering.” He shrugged, eying me.

“Who wants something to drink?” I called.

“What you got?” Brian asked.

“Jack Daniels, Grey Goose Vodka, Smirnoff, Smirnoff Vodka, Budweiser, Bud Light, Heineken, Captain Morgan, Tequila, and Windsor.” I nodded.

“What’re you having?”

“Bitch, I’m having myself a shot of Tequila, and then I’m getting myself a glass of Jack Daniels.”

“Mind doing a body shot?”

“I dare you!!!” Kimberly yelled, at me.

I groaned. I definitely couldn’t say no, now!

“Sure, why not? Anyone else want anything.” I sighed.

“Grey Goose.” Kim smiled.

“Get me a Heineken.” Matt called.

“Same!” Zacky, Jimmy, and Johnny called.

I walked inside and poured myself a shot, then another, then I brought one out for the body shot.

Brian hoisted himself out of the water and walked over to me. He took the drink from my fingers and gently set it in my cleavage. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me against him, and kissed my right breast before taking the shot.

I stared at him, with my mouth gaping.

“What?” He asked, with a sly smile.

“You did not.” I said.

“But I did.” He winked.

“That’s morally wrong, without a woman’s permission.”

“Did I say I had morals?” He breathed into my ear.

“No.” I smiled, looking at him, from under my lashes.

“Wooh!!” Kimberly whooped.

I looked at her, and narrowed my eyes. She winked and licked her lips. I laughed and shook my head. I saw her glance at Zacky, then do an air hump. I shook my head. She shrugged. I rolled my eyes, and walked into the kitchen, where I started to mix my drink.

I stirred it together with my finger, took a sip, and started mixing Kimberly’s Grey Goose. Long arms wrapped around my waist and a face nuzzled into my neck.

“Brian.” I giggled.

He chuckled, and his hot breath washed over my neck. He reached up, and took my Jack Daniels, taking a large drink. I whipped around and narrowed my eyes at him.

“You do look hot, when your mad.” Brian breathed, stepping closer to me.

“Shut up, Brian.” I said, turning around, to finish mixing the drinks.

My cheeks were a bright shade of red, and my heart was pounding a mile a minute.

When I was done with the drinks and I turned around, Brian wasn’t there. I sighed, in relief.

I returned to the backyard, and Kimberly rushed to me, taking her drink. I tossed the bottled beer to Matt, Zacky, Jimmy, and Johnny, while Brian smiled at the table. All of them took their drinks to the hot tub, while I sat at the table in the chair next to Brian, and set the coke, and Jack Daniels’ bottle on the surface.

He draped his arm over my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.

“So…What’s going on with you and Max?” Brian asked, concerned.

I shrugged my shoulders and pulled out my phone.

1 new multi-media message

I hate everything about you,
Why do I love you?
I hate everything about you!
Why do I love you?

Everytime we lie awake,
After every hit we take.
Every feeling that I get,
But I haven’t missed you yet.

Only when I start to think about it.
I hate everything about you,
Why do I love you?

I hate everything about you!
Why do I love you?’


u]reply

Your fingertips across my skin,
The palm trees swaying in the wind,
In my chest.

You sang me Spanish lullabies,
The sweetest silence,
In your eyes,
Clever trick.

I never wanna see you,
Unhappy.
I thought you want the same,
For me.

Goodbye, my almost lover,
Goodbye my hopeless dream.
I’m trying not to think about you.
Can’t you just let me be?

So long my luckless romance,
My back is turned on you,
Should’ve known you’d bring me heartache,
Almost lovers always. . .do.

We walked along,
A crowded street.
You took my hand,
And danced with me.
-I replied.

Brian listened as it played, his eyes straying to me, every now and again.

“Sarah Rebecca Jansen!!” Johanna’s shrill voice reached my ears.

“Great.” I groaned, my head smacking against the metal frame of the chair.