Other Half

George's thoughts

Fred and George Weasley, George and Fred Weasley, no matter how you spelt it the Weasley twins were inseparable. At least George thought they'd always be together, that was until a Death Eater by the name of Augustus Rookwood decided to blow a hole in one of the many Hogwarts corridors which caused his twin and his best friend to be crushed to death by the blow. And if it weren't for his slightly older brother Percy for covering Fred's body it wouldve been damaged worse.

He felt guilty, he wanted to be that body, but he knew he couldn't change what just happened. He was also angry, all he had done was lost an ear. George smiled to himself as he remembered what he said to Fred. "Look Fred I'm holy! Get it Holey!"

That day seemed like it was thousands of years ago. George missed him already and wished he could go back in time. How was he to go on with Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes, who else is he going to laugh at with, who else will play pranks with him. George let out a single tear at this moment, he felt like he lost a part of himself that he'd never get back.

It seemed like everything that happened to him and his twin ran through his mind at that moment. Their first day at Hogwarts, their first Quidditch match, the Yule ball, their flight from Hogwarts, everything. He waited with his brother Percy until Harry and his younger brother Ron had fixed the wall that exploded. As the two ginger hair boys waited Percy stared at the remaining twin and sighed.

"George I want you to take him to the great hall, I'll take care of Rockwood."

After seeing the anger and sorrow on Percy's face George knew not only would he exact revenge for himself but do it for himself too. George nodded and said the Levi corpus spell and took him to the great hall and hoped that no one would curse him. But he was lucky Lee came to his aid. It was when he got Fred to the Great Hall his heart sunk even more. When he had seen the look on his mother's face when he placed Fred gently on the floor, he felt like it was his fault that Fred died, he felt that he should have done something.

He didn't want to see his mother weeping like this, his little sister Ginny at her mothers side crying just as hard. He looked back down at his brother's dead body and knew right then that he'd never get over this, never get over the loss of his brother. Life will get a lot harder, or maybe this was a test for him, maybe it was a test of all his strength. He looked back to his mother and his sister and walked over to give them both a hug and told them to stop crying. In the midst of all this George realized he was crying too.

That night 19 years ago had changed George Weasley's life forever, both for the better and for the worse. He had once worked with Ron until Ron went to the Ministry and became an Auror. As for the days of late, he still hasn't gotten over the loss of his twin, but has married Fred's ex-girlfriend Angelina Johnson, where they had two children, one named after his brother Fred and the other Roxanne. This life has made him wiser and smarter, though Angelina will still say that he is as much of a prankster as he was in Hogwarts and that their son Fred is exactly like he was at that age.