Highschool Never Ends

Highschool Never Ends

I was at the living room, watching a movie, waiting for Frank to come home. Today was Friday, meaning he had band practice with his friends. Most of the time I go with him, to see the band, who were all friends of mine too. Today however, I wasn't feeling all too well, so I decided to stay at home. Frank told me not to wait up for him to get home, but I can't fall asleep as long as he's not with me to hold me, so there was no point in getting to bed. I wasn't tired either to be honest. I started thinking back of how we got together.

Flashback

Frank and I were both seniors. We had been friends for pretty much our entire lives and now I was starting to see him as more than a friend. Every time he looked at me, I felt butterflies whirl around in my stomach. Every time he touched me, I felt tingles all through my body. Hearing his voice almost made my heart stop beating. But there was no way in hell I was going to tell him how I felt. I didn't want to lose one of my best friends by telling him. And that was exactly what would happen if I told him. My other friends, however, kept saying I should tell him, and that he feels exactly the same.

One day, during lunch, Frankie was sitting down next to me.

"Hey Jess, do you have a sec? I need to talk to you."

"Yeah, sure. What's up?"

"Maybe we should go somewhere a bit more private, just the two of us. It's kinda personal."

"Okay. Were do you think we should go?"

"The bleachers?"

"Sounds good to me."

We both got up from our seats, walking over to the bleachers in silence. Once we got there, Frank sat down, pulling me down as well.

"You know you're one of my best friends, right?" Frank asked.

"Of course. You're one of my best friends too."

"Well, I've been having these feelings lately ..." he trailed off.

"what feelings Frankie?"

"I think I like you as more than a friend," he mumbled. No way he just said what I think he said. Did he really say he likes me as more than a friend?

"I've been feeling the same lately," I also mumbled.

I looked up to him, to see his beautiful hazel eyes stare back at me in disbelief. We were leaning in to each other closer until our lips met. Sparks were racing through my body and I saw stars from pure bliss. Even though that kiss was really short, it was one of the best I ever had.

"Jess, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course." I leaned in closer to him once again, this time for a longer kiss.

End flashback

The movie I was watching was coming to an end, but I didn't even realize. Thinking back of those first two kisses still made me feel all the emotions I had felt back then. I was still head over heels in love with Frank. He truly was the love of my life. I couldn't imagine life without him anymore. Since that day at the bleachers, not a day has past without seeing him, even though it was only for 5 minutes. Thinking this, I heard the front door open. Frank was being quiet, since he thought I was already asleep. When he opened the door to the living room, he looked freaked to find me still sitting here.

"Jess, I thought you would have already went to bed."

"You know I can't sleep without you being there babe."

"Shall we go to bed now? You look tired."

"Okay." I stood up, walking up to him, giving him a kiss. He kissed back, making me feel exactly the way I had felt back in highschool. We went to our bedroom. I changed into a white tanktop and some Nightmare Before Christmas PJ pants. Frank just stripped until he was in his boxers. We both got under the sheets, Frank wrapping his arms around my waist immediately. We lay there, facing each other, staring in each others eyes. His beautiful hazel eyes I could get lost in. Frank gently pecked my lips.

"I love you more than anything Jess."

"I love you too Frankie."

"I've got something to ask you."

"Shoot."

"Remember that day at the bleachers? That's when I asked you to be my girlfriend."

"I remember. That was probably the best day of my life."

"Jess, you are my best friend, my soul mate, my girlfriend, will you also be my wife?"

I was so overwhelmed by this question I couldn't think of an answer. The only thing I could do was kiss him. While kissing him, my brain started to function again, so once we pulled away, I answered him.

"There's nothing I'd rather than being your wife."
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go, yet again posting this :).
xox
Ine