A New Kid in Town

A New Kid In Town

I woke up to the buzz of my alarm clock. Yet another day of having to go to that hell hole people call school. I got up with a groan and started looking for some clothes to wear. I settled on dark blue skinny jeans, a red tank top and my green day hoodie. I took a quick shower, did my hair and make-up, got dressed and went downstairs.

Turns out I’m home alone. My mom left me a note telling me she had to go on an unexpected business trip for a few days. I could have some friends over if I wanted, I just had to make sure we wouldn’t burn the place down.

You’re probably wondering who I am. I’m Roxie, I’m 17 years old and I’m in my senior year. I’m rather small, only about 5’2”, I have dark, chocolate brown, shoulder length hair with bangs swept to the left. My eyes have this really dark brown colour, almost black and my skin is really pale. This pale it looks almost unhealthy. Today was yet another normal day for me. It happened every other month or so my mom would go on a business trip. That doesn’t make you be home alone you say? You’d think my dad would still be around. Well, truth is, my dad died when I was 11, so when my mom’s on a business trip, I’m home alone. I don’t really mind though. Okay, it sucks my dad died, but it was 6 years ago and I had gotten over it.

I wasn’t in the mood to have breakfast, so I just left for school. My mom doesn’t allow me to have my own car, so I have to walk to school. Not that it’s that far away, it’s only a ten minute walk, so I don’t really care. When I got to school I could see all the preps and jocks standing in their groups. That’s why school to me is a hell hole. I’m neither a prep nor a jock, basically, no one likes me, except for the few friends I have. I was walking to my locker when one of the preps called after me.

‘Hey emo-girl, why don’t you just go kill your emo self.’ I ignored her, seeing I get those remarks every day. Just for the record, I hate labels, people can’t just be fitted in one square, or so I think. I just kept on walking over to my locker, where I knew my friends would be waiting for me.

‘Hey Roxie. What’s up?’ Ali, my best friend asked.

‘Nothing much. My mom’s out of town. Feel like coming over after school?’

‘Sure, sounds good to me. Do I spend the night?’

‘Fine by me. I’ll be home alone otherwise.’

‘Okay. We’ll just go to my place first, pick up some pj’s, you know, the usual.’

‘Perfect.’ I glanced at my clock, to see I had only 2 minutes left before home room began. Ali and I had home room together, so we made our way to the class room. When we got there, we took our usual places at the back of the room, staying away from the rest of the class as much as possible. Right after the bell had rung, Mr. Johnson, the teacher came in, with a guy walking behind him. He looked pretty good, the guy, not Mr. Johnson. He had a lip piercing, a nose piercing, his ears gauged. He had a black mop of hair that looked slightly messy. I could tell he wasn’t a jock from the clothes he was wearing.

‘Morning class. You may have noticed I brought someone with me today. This is Frank Iero, he’s new here and he will be in this home room class. Please make sure he feels welcome.’ After that, he turned to this Frank guy, telling him he could take a seat where ever. Frank glanced through the room and made his way over to the back. He plopped down on the seat next to Ali. Ali turned to him, to get to know him. She has always been the more outgoing one, while I’m the shy one around people I don’t know.
‘Hi. I’m Ali.’

‘Frank. So, is there anyone in this hell hole besides you and your neighbour that aren’t preps or jocks?’

‘Uhm, we have a few other friends that are cool. Not too many though, most people are, well, preps or jocks. Wanna come with us during break and lunch?’

‘I’d love too.’

‘Oh, by the way, my neighbour does have a name. That’s Roxie, my best friend.’ Once I heard my name being mentioned, I got back to earth from the daydream I was having. I had been thinking about how cute this Frank guy looked.

‘Hi, nice to meet you.’

While Mr. Johnson was talking, we were having our own conversation, between the three of us. We found out Frank had just moved here because his parents had gotten a divorce. He lived here with his mom, he played the guitar and it turns out he moved into the house that had been for sale in my street.

‘What is your next class?’ Ali asked him when the bell rang.

‘I have arts next.’

‘Cool, so does Roxie. What teacher do you have?’

‘Ms. Williams.’

‘Once again, so does Roxie. You can go to that class together.’

‘Come on Frank,’ I said, ‘Ms. Williams doesn’t like it when we get there late.’

We walked to our class, not saying anything. I was way too shy to say something, besides, I had no idea what to say either.

Two weeks later

Frank and I got along really well by now. We got to know each other pretty well over those two weeks and he was like my long lost twin. By now, we were having spring break and Ali, me, Frank and our other friends were at my place. Ali and Frank were sleeping over, since my mom was on yet another business trip.

‘I have an idea,’ Ali piped up. I groaned, already knowing what her idea would be.

‘What idea do you have Ali?’ Jane asked, also already knowing what it would be.

‘Let’s play Truth or Dare! It’s been so long since we last played that. Okay, Roxie, truth or dare?’ she asked me. She always has her way when she wants something and today was no exception.

‘Truth,’ I said. I didn’t feel like starting with a dare.

‘Great, I was hoping you would say that. Is there anyone in this room you are attracted to?’

I started blushing like a madman before answering. ‘Yes.’ That’s all I had to say, right? That was the truth.

‘Who do you like?’

‘Ali, you already asked me a question, I’m not gonna answer a second one. Jane, truth or dare?’

‘Dare, what else?’

‘I dare you to uhm, change pants with Kevin.’

‘No problem. Come on Kevin, get out of those pants and give them to me,’ she yelled.

‘Thanks a lot Rox, now I have to wear her way-too-small-for-me pants,’ Kevin complained.

‘Too bad my friend. You can also just sit there in your boxers if you prefer that.’ Kevin just glared at me, before trying to get on Jane’s pair of skinny jeans.

‘Frank, truth or dare?’ Jane asked Frank.

‘Dare,’ he said quite confidently.

‘You have to make out with Roxie for at least 2 minutes.’ I started blushing like a madman again while Frank got up from his seat and came over to me. He picked me up and put me down again, so I was sitting in his lap and started kissing me. I felt a wave of electricity go through my body and I felt butterflies flying around in my stomach. Frank gently licked my bottom lip, asking for entrance. Since we had to make out, I granted him access and his tongue started exploring my mouth. I must admit he’s a great kisser. After what felt like only 2 seconds he pulled away, resting his forehead against mine. He was smiling at me, while our other friends were saying we should get a room. Apparently we were making out for pretty much longer than the acquired 2 minutes.

‘You have no idea how much I enjoyed that dare,’ he whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

‘I could tell you the same,’ I whispered back.

‘I really like you Roxie,’ he kept on whispering.

‘I like you too Frankie.’

‘Will you ... will you uhm, be my girlfriend?’

‘I’d love to,’ I whispered before kissing him again.

‘Seems like our job here is done,’ I heard Ali say. I should have known they were planning on this to happen. ‘We’ll leave you guys to yourselves. We’ll be at my place if you need us.’ I heard them get out while Frank and I were still kissing.

When we pulled away again, our foreheads were resting against each other once more. Now we were both smiling, while I was gazing into his beautiful hazel eyes.

‘I love you Rox.’

‘I love you too.’
♠ ♠ ♠
My first requested one-shot :).
xox
Ine