Status: Thinking about a new chapter, waiting for comments though.

Make Me Proud

Back For Paper

Maddy paced around in her black converse, on the doorstep, not glancing upwards, until a mans voice interrupted her footsteps.
“Hello?” He spoke softly.
“Oh, hi. My name’s Maddy, I lived here eight years ago, when I was seven. I left something important in the small bedroom – Maybe you found it; A drawing? Of a fairy?”
“Hi Maddy, no one’s been in the smallest bedroom, we don’t need it. You’re welcome to have a look though.”
Maddy nodded as she slid past him and up the narrow stairs her mom had stumbled up on her last night here. She turned to the left and up on more step, Maddy pushed open the door cautiously, revealing the dark blue walls she’d once slept within. Maddy paced steadily towards the far side of the room, she pulled the loose skirting board, and saw the folded piece of paper. Her fairy.
“Everything alright?” The man asked, looking at Maddy knelt on the floor.”
“I found her.” Maddy walked back towards the door, carrying the piece of paper.
“Can I interest you in a cup of coffee?”
“No, it’s fine, my foster parents will be wondering where I am.”
“Foster parents? Mind me asking where your real family are?”
Maddy lowered her head, and then spoke quietly, “My dad died when I was six, and my mom abandoned me when I was seven. I don’t really like talking about it.”
There was a moments pause between the pair, “Anyway, thanks.” Maddy said before walking back down the stairs to walk home.