From the Ouside Through

Any last words?

Emily

-------------

This is it? It's a bit anti-climactic in my opinion... we all threw up our hats and it was over. "We all" is a bit loose of a term... some of us were staying for another year or two, there were a few who didn't graduate, and there were even a few of us who just didn't show up for the ceremony. High School didn't treat me badly. It wasn't a breeze either, it just wasn't as if I unerwent unspeakable hardships every day at its hands. I have friends. Some really close ones, some good ones, and some acquaintances. But, I mean, this is what I've been waiting for? I guess I thought I'd feel a bit more... closure or something. Maybe it'll take the summer to make it all feel real.

-------------

Jason

-------------

Right now? I'm pretty excited. The graduation ceremony itself was pretty boring, but a few of us are going to a concert this weekend, and that should be fun. Really, I'm excited for the summer. I think we all are after sitting around so long during finals week. I think Andrew and Jane are excited too. Jane's been talking about summer plans since school started this year, and Andrew needs to blow off some steam I think. I guess Emily couldn't come, some family thing going on, and I can't remember about Nate, Kris, and Lynn. I'm not sure Lynn would want to come, though...

------------

Andrew

------------

I'm going to miss this place. Yeah, high school had its tough spots, and I'm excited to move out, but more than that I'm scared shitless. At the moment I'm excited about that concert Jason's been going on about so much... but after that? After that I'm going to have to start getting ready to move out... and why the fuck did I pick a school six hours away from my hometown? That's not just another weekend drive away, that's far. Well, for me anyway. For how much I complained about it all last year, I sure am being a wuss about it now. It doesn't change the fact that I just don't feel ready yet. Well, I guess it's not so much feeling ready as feeling apprehensive about having to be responsible for myself. No longer will someone else pay the bills, I'm going to have to do ALL my own laundry... and what if my roommate and I don't get along? And I know it's cliche, but I don't want to leave these friends here. These people I've known for... well, I don't even know how long. I guess I should get going. My mom wants to throw some BBQ celebration with all the neighbors. I don't really know why... if this was supposed to be about my achievements, shouldn't I just get to hang out with my friends? Whatever.

-----------

Jane

-----------

Aaaah! I can't wait to get this stupid gown off and collapse in bed... I mean, they made us sit throug that whole thing once, that was bad enough, but we had to go to a practice this morning, in the blazing sun, where we went through the whole damned thing three times! I know I've got my aunt and uncle here from all the way across town, what a journey, but I couldn't give a flying fuck if they want to go for dinner after the ceremony. I just want to go home. And to sleep. I'm a nice person. Really. Just not when I'm tired.

-----------

Lynn

-----------

Well, that was it. It was pretty boring I guess... but I don't really mind. I mean, after all those years my parents put up with me and my friends, the least they deserved was a ceremony that said, "Hey! Look at that! I guess your kid didn't fuck up so bad anyway." So I really don't mind. Hey, I think Jason was saying something about a concert this weekend... that would be fun. Well, as long as they're not already gone or something... I wonder who's playing...

-----------

Krista

-----------

HA! That was so much fun! Yeaaaahh... I didn't go to the ceremony. I mean, I graduated, but since no one was able to come, I didn't see the point in going. So I went to the mall instead. I met some random girl there and we kept throwing popcorn at this lady in the movie theater. I actually kept missing. I've got a really bad aim. But it was fun. I'll probably never see that girl again... that's too bad, but I guess it's the way things go, right? Don't know about those other suckers, but I had fun.

-----------

Nathan

-----------

God damn. Now they're all leaving. Yeah, I'm a year younger than most of my friends. See, I was on the same soccer team as Andrew one year when we were little kids, and that's how I met the rest of them. I'm going to miss them all next year... At least we have the summer.