From the Ouside Through

My Favorite Cousin's Generosity

Lynn
---
"Hey Jason, sorry to interrupt, but is there something going on this weekend? I heard someone mention a concert, but I thought I'd call to see what the final word was."
"Lynn? Oh, yeah, there's that place up in Berkeley I told you about, and I thought that me and whoever else wanted to come could go up there, see a show, stay the night... you know. I wasn't sure if you'd want to come, I'm not sure if this kind of a club is really your thing, but you're welcome to come if you want."
"Oh, well, I don't want to intrude, but I'll come if that's fine with you. Do you mind if I ask where everyone's staying?"
"The more the merrier! Well, I've got a cousin up there, and he agreed to let us all crash at her house. It's small, she's got a room mate, and she only has one couch, but I figured that since it's free we could all camp out on her floor. And my mom said I could take her van if we get too many people for my car or Andrew's car. We're leaving tomorrow around noon. I think Jane wanted to look around town for awhile, shopping she said, before we go to the concert. You in?"
"Um... sure, if you're fine with it. Anything I need to bring?"
"Of course I'm fine with it! Just bring a sleeping bag, change of clothes, stuff like that. I dunno... it's only a one night trip, I don't usually think these things through too hard... so I'll pick you up around noon tomorrow, okay?"
"Okay. Talk to you later."

I hung up my phone with a small beep and returned to my room. Everyone else, meaning my family, was in the living room chatting away about cousin Nick or Ellie or whomever it was this time. I was going to pack. I think Jason mentioned that it's going to be a concert... knowing him, it'll be local bands in some dingy place. I'm not really in to that scene, but I just want to get out right now. I've been cooped up too long studying, or procrastinating, for finals. Jeans and a tee shirt, right?

---
Jason
---
Well, I guess I was wrong. I guess I should also call my cousin to let her know that six or so teenagers are about to invade her house. She's cool. My cousin, Amy, is 24 and lives with her friend, Andrea. Amy and Andrea... they've been best friends since middle school. I used to wonder if they had a thing going on, I'd heard that Andrea was bi or something, but I don't know. I guess it's their business. Amy's decieving. She looks the part for her job. She's in advertising or something, and she looks very professional and pulled together and all that shit, but she's always been the coolest of my cousins. She's always been the winner when we play "name that band first while you have six marshmallows in your mouth". Yeah yeah, we made up the game when we were little. I think I was five and she was ten when we played it for the first time. But back then we would name theme songs for Saturday cartoons.
---

A/N: Sorry this one's so short, I didn't want to drag this part out too much. And I KNOW I have more readers than comments, so I'd really appreciate it if you guys would let me know what you think. Really, constructive criticism is welcome.