From the Ouside Through

Captain Crunch

Krista
---
I have to say, I was a little surprised when Lynn started asking who wanted to go in the pit with her. I don't know, I just never even knew she loved live stuff like this quite that much. I guess you learn something new every day...
It's nice to get away. I mean, it's always pretty low key when I'm at home, I can pretty much do whatever I want and my mom won't ask any questions, but it's still nice to get away. Get a change of scenery, I guess. I like to watch the people and start conversations with strangers I'll never see again. Just now I was talking to this guy about breakfast cereals. I started talking to him when I just went up and asked what brand of hair dye he uses (the guy had a green mohawk), and that lead to talking about milk for some reason or another, which lead to a playful debate centered around captain crunch and Chex. It's those random little things that can really make my day. A breath of fresh air.
---
Andrew
---
What a cute couple. Emily and Nate, they're adorable. I keep wondering how they're going to handle the whole long distance thing. I know they said they're going to try and keep it up, but it just sounds like the odds are against them. At least they'll get to see each other over holiday breaks, and I'm sure that Nate will have no problem at all finding ways to make it up to visit her when he can... all the way up in Oregon... not exactly a daytrip. I'm betting each of them are scared the other's going to change.
---
Jane
---
WHOA! I'm loving this. The guy standing right in front of me just scared the shit out of me when he started headbanging just as the second band started. Now Jason's standing next to me laughing his ass off. I know it's a normal thing to do, but I guess I needlessly spaz out sometimes... a lot. Kris looks like she's having a lot of fun. It's good to see her having fun, I know she likes to get out of her house as often as possible. It's not like she's abused or anything, I just get the idea that her mom doesn't know her that well. And her brother's moved out, has been for a couple of years, but I guess they never had the closest relationship in the first place. She never talks about it, that's the funny thing. I mean, sometimes I just wish she would at least let us all know what's going on, but I guess she's just trying to distract herself. Me, I'm pretty open about stuff. Kris, I guess she'd be open if you were to ask her specifically, but I just don't know. I guess it's not the time really, anyway. I'll talk to her about it later. For now, we can all just enjoy the music. Or in Nate's case, read and talk. That kid amuses me to no end, I'm going to miss him.
---
Jason
---
Jane is such a spaz... She just cracks me up. But we all already knew she was like that, what I didn't know was how much Lynn loved this live shit! I've never seen her so excited and crazy! I mean, she's really rocking out! I guess there're a lot of things about Lynn I, or all of us really, don't know. I guess it just never crossed my mind. Hey, maybe I should invite her for next week's concert too, I mean, if she likes this stuff, she'll love it. I wonder what her CD collection looks like, she might want me to burn some stuff for her...
---
Nathan
---
It's kinda loud, but I'm happy. Unfortunately, it's too dark for me to keep reading, but I guess that's not much of a punishment since I'm with all my friends. Not to mention that my girlfriend is right here with me. Me, Emily, and Krista have been talking. Well, Krista's been in and out of the conversation. She keeps talking to these random people she meets... that girl talks so much! I guess she's always been like that, ever since I met her. The three of us aren't that interested in the music, so I guess that's why we're the ones talking the whole time. Wow... I'm rambling...
---
Lynn
---
Live stuff like this really makes me think about actually doing something with music. I don't go places like this much, really, but that's just because I've never really had anyone to go with. I suppose Jason probably goes to this stuff more frequently, maybe he brings Andrew and Jane sometimes, but I've never really heard about it or been invited. I should get out more... I'd love to come to stuff like this more often. Hell, I'd love to play if I had an audience, but I'd be too scared that Jacob would get broken. Well, I don't even really have an audience, with no band, and no real music style, so I guess it's a vain dream. But I can dream all I want, if that's what makes me happy...
---
Emily
---
I guess I expected this to be a bit different. I mean, I'm kinda having fun, mostly talking with Krista and Nate, but it's just not my style. The music, I mean. I suppose I expected for it to be... I don't know, you know how sometimes you just expect to go somewhere with your friends, have a blast, all that jazz? Well, then, when you get there, after you've paid to get in, it's just kinda mediocre. And you wish your grandma's birthday hadn't been postponed after all. I guess I'm enjoying the trip overall, but the concert has been disappointing. I guess I'm more of a classic rock girl. But I'm glad Lynn, Jason, Andrew, and Jane are having so much fun. They all look like this is exactly the music they want right now. I guess it's a little loud for me. Krista looks like she's having fun too, but she can have fun anywhere. I mean, if she went to a funeral, she'd have everyone smiling within an hour! Oh well, I guess it'll be more fun tomorrow when we go shopping. Well, some of us are shopping for music, others for clothes, we're splitting up in to groups. It'll be fun.