Million and One Memories

We were always meant to say goodbye

Image
When you take a good old look around Callaghan, the high school, you'll see giggly girls flirting with guys, a couple of creepers making out with the well-known, overly experienced girls, and a couple holding hands, walking around like they made peace. Hah, Blake&I aren't like that. We gone out for four months, and he's the eye candy.

Every time we go out, theres a little group of awestruck girls following him; I mean, stalker much? I mean, these girls are crazy! Blake Holcrombe is not a celebrity. So, it doesn't give you the right to fling your thong at him and scream "I LOVE YOU!" when his GIRLFRIEND, hence moi, is right by him.

Fuck this, I'm not going to put up with this, I don't deal well with jealousy and I will not, repeat not stand by Blake and smile like nothing is happening when a girl is literally asking him out. It's time.

For me to break up with him, and send him off to his fan club.

Love really suck, you know?

I mean, I love, well LOVED Blake and now, I'm loveless. Blake was..great, probably the best boyfriend I had, but it's all these girls! I'm sick of it, I have a guy who no one can't have, yet HE still goes around.

I'm going to have no one to snuggle up against. No one to sneak out of class to sneak a kiss or three. No more staying up all night just texting cute one-worders. Wait, Dylan, snap out of it!

I shook my head, and glanced around, hunting for the familiar head of lush, brownie-colored hair that glinted in the heat of the sun and his laughter filling the air as girls sighed dreamily.

Oh, yeah. Dreamily.

I crossed my arms, intertwining my fingers nervously and automatically eyed Blake with his posse, laughing about God knows what. His friends nudged him and he turned, glancing at me. Then, he ran towards me, scooping me into a bear hug and kissed me on the cheek, grinning.

Do I really want to end this?

..Maybe, I can hold this break-up thing later.

"Dylan, wanna come chill with us after school?" He held my hand as we walked towards back to his group, consisting of Zane, Winston, Archer, Ralph and his girlfriend, Aubrianna.
I backed away, trying so hard to resist his aroma of Acqua Di Parma Colonia mixed in with scents of random fruit notes. Wait, girl perfume?

SHIT.

I know there's no way Acqua Di Parma Colonia has fruit notes, so..what's next?

Proceed to break-up.

Aubrianna took a step forward and air-hugged me, cocking her head cockily, with a smitten grin slapped across her face. Hey, we all know Ralph's dating a hooker, I mean she has it written over her. Metaphorically, of course. I gave her the stink-eye and mimicked her fake grin, Archer snickering among the group, raising his eyebrows, expecting a cat-fight. Yes, it's clear. We don't like each other.

"Blake," I lowered my voice, keeping a happy grin to trick his posse into thinking we're just talking, ruffling his brunette hair, "I think we should date other people."

"What?" he squinted, running a hand through his hair out of confusion and his cheeks slowly turning beet red. What a lovely color on you, Blake!

"I'm sorry." I spun around on my cream colored Miu Miu Studded X-Band heels and walked away, leaving the only sound of gravel crunching. The large fountain with some random dude on a horse that spits water in the air into the porcelain fountain rumbled and my heels clacked against the cobblestone, getting to get my balance in balance.

The archway of looming oak trees with blooming Clematis Hagley Hybrid filling the air with it's sweet smell. I stared, concentrating on the strewn sunlight that peeked through the branches, then suddenly, the concentration broke when my Blackberry Tour buzzed.

I narrowed my eyes, hoping it wasn't Blake begging or just a snide comment of his. I could use less of Blake, you know. I opened my favorite, worn chartreuse Proenza Schouler leather slouchy mini duffel bag and reached for the buzzing phone in it's pouch and my sky blue streaked with green hints eyes read over the text from Kinsley Fitz Gerald, one of my best friends.

Fitzy: dyl, you coming tonite @ 7, right?

I smiled and remembered the plans we had set for this weekend at Audrey Aldridge's lake house at Lake Thompson. Endless giggling and roasting s'mores around a bonfire with alcohol of course, tubing, tanning and of course, boys sounded like a fantastic rebound!

Dyllo: hell to the yeuh!

I sped walked, minding the cracks that lurks between the cobblestones, and passed
Le Gavroche, inhaling the sweet smell of wine that lingered through out the windows. As I passed Le Gavroche, I bent down, unlatching my heels, and shoved them into my bag. Walking barefoot, I headed onto the secluded path that led to the fences that discreetly contained the beach style Mansions.

Gripping the fence, I peeked in and eyed the landscape, making sure no human nor dog was out, patrolling. Okay, not patrolling but you know, chilling and stuff. I picked up my duffel bag, and flung it into the backyard, inspecting my Current/Elliot dark wash distressed, ripped jeans and hoisted my self over the fence, ignoring the raw pain in my hands from the pressure from flesh to wood and jumped off, landing swiftly like a cat.

I looked around at first, scanning the landscape once again but then realized that the Abbot Britzoals are in Jamaica so I slowly walked, adrenaline slowly pumping into my veins like it's it's own way of saying nothing's happening. As I hopped over the stream to retrieve my bag, I glanced up at the sky, sending a shiver down my spine when it rumbled and the skies turned green, I tossed my bag over once again and I climbed up, my hands shaking, getting a splinter.

"Ow!" I yelped loudly and quickly clamped my mouth to keep from making any further noise, licking it to stop the blood from forming a red dot on my palm. The fence wobbled and I leaned into it, trying to regain balance but as the backdoor opened, I felled, landing on the Daisies with a WHUMP.

A guy came near, staring at me tenaciously and all I could do was stare back.
Man, look at those muscles. And those..eyes. Even far away, they're warm and gentle.
It's like you can find out everything with just one stare and you know every aspect of that person. "Hey, you're not supposed.." he started but quickly shut his mouth as I narrowed my eyes.

"I know, but I live next door...whatta lame excuse." I mumbled, as he helped me get up. Staring into his warm, evergreen eyes, and his jet black layered hair mused to perfection and the oh so cute dimples that surrounded his sweet smile. He walked over, offering an hand but I shook my head and got up, and blacked out for a second before I landed on him.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry." I sputtered, feeling the taut, lean muscles and I backed away, blushing. He chuckled, and said with the voice of a manly, british angel "Nathan."

"Dylan." I chirped, twirling a lock of auburn blonde hair with brunette streaks. He kicked a pebble away and shoved his hands into his True Religion distressed jeans supported by a white studded belt and his blue plaid boxers peaking out. "Hey, you go to Callaghan?" I asked, reading his loosely fitted Callaghan track shirt with his triceps muscles bulging. Mmm, I'd kill to have those around me. ;)

"Yeah, I'm on track." he pointed to his shirt which gave me more excuses to stare at him. He looked up, straight into my eyes and inched closer to me. "So...what grade you in?" He pressed, leaning against the fence. I sat down Indian style and replied "Eleventh grade, how about you?"

"Same." He grinned even more, his dimples deepening. He cocked an eyebrow and sat down, attempting to sit Indian style but instead fell backwards. "Haha, not flexible, eh?" I cackled, as he sat up, and laughed a hearty laugh. Then he stopped and stared at my lips.

How is it possible to know so much from un gars très chaud that I don't even know? He inched closer, so close, you can see the dim freckles that adorns his nose. I want this. I scoot closer to him and looked up to him, doing my natural smile which happens rarely. Then, he made his move. He leaned in, wrapping his arms around my back and pressed his lips against mine, then sneaking his hands onto my waist and I laid down, pressing eagerly against his.

Suddenly, he stopped.

"Hey, isn't your phone going off?" He questioned, kissing me lightly once again. "Nah, it can wait." I grinned, and continued to kiss him. I felt a tongue come into my mouth and I twirled mines along with his. "Wait," I backed away. "dude, I'm sorry, I got plans tonight!" Rolling over to my purse, I grabbed the Blackberry out of the pouch and stared at the time.

"I'm supposed to go to my friend's lake house for the weekend and I'm late, shit!" I sputtered, jamming my feet into my heels and stood up, smoothing my sweater and brushing dirt off my jeans. "Before you go, can I get your digits?" He asked, taking out his Sidekick and waved it around. "Yeah, sure." I hurriedly punched in my number and handed the phone back to him. I was really late. I read the missed alert and it was a text from Aubrey.

Audrey: Where are you, Dylan? Did you forget our plans!?

I texted back, giggling at Audrey's frantic text.

Dyllo: i'm coming, i lost track of time i'll tell yu wut happen tonite (;

"I'll see you on Monday, alright?" I said, leaving a lingering kiss on him and he hugged me, and murmured "Bye."

"Hey, wheres your backdoor?" I asked and he pointed to the direction and I nodded in thanks and walked away from the guy I just made out with that I barely knew. Okay, okay, I'm proud of this, okay? This is the greatest rebound I ever had.

Opening the latch, I walked on the stone path, heading towards my teal Jeep and hopped in, onto the cushy, worn leather and started the engine for Lake Thompson.
♠ ♠ ♠
un gars très chaud - a very hot guy in French.