Million and One Memories

What the hell does she have that I dont?

Image
At Lake Thompson, it was a tropical paradise.
The perfect getaway. But for now, it's dark, gloomy and thunders rumbled every few minutes.
It didn't stop Dylan, Audrey and Kinsley from building a bonfire on Audrey's vast cabin-like porch. Fog surrounded the lake house, laughter filled the air, and the smell of smores sent your stomachs into a rumblefest.

I sat down, all wrapped up in my Pink stadium blanket, roasting dinosaur marshmallows in the fire, slowly inhaling the pine like a frantic yoga instructor. "So, Dyl, what happened!?" Audrey pressed, widening her hazel eyes and blew the few strands of sweet smelling coconut chestnut hair from her glossifed nude lips, the fire's shadow made her look tanner than she is now.

Kinsley inched closer, to hear what I had to say.
"I dumped Blake. Then, when I was using my special shortcut....I ran into someone." I slowly replied, letting each word sink in and mischievously grinned as Audrey's mouth dropped while Kinsley looks like she has been hit by a car.

"WHO?" Audrey shrieked, dropping a pink marshmallow onto her Bluberry plaid blanket then flicked it off like a booger into the fire. "This guy...Nathan! He's a junior and oh my pie, is he mighty fine!" I giggled, popping in a minty green marshmallow in my mouth.

"Nathan Malloné? Black hair, adorable dimples, British accent?" Kinsley pressed, playing with her manicured fingers, her glittery lime green nail polish glimmered in the dark as the fire dimmed slowly. "Maybeeeeeeee . . . ." I grinned and fell off the ancient wicked tree trunk as a marshmallow came flying through the air and sank into a puddle of raindrops, making a PLOP.

Audrey cackled, slapping her thigh at the sight of me then fell off the trunk with a WHUMP and a yelp of surprise. "Holy crapola." she groaned, using the trunk as support to get up but slipped again, mud splattering across her face. We stared at each other. "Hey, uh, Dylan," Kinsley began but shook her head. "What?" I pressed, cocking an arched eyebrow at her.

"Never mind." The sky glowered yellow, as each time the thunders rumbled, sending flashes of green and orange across the sky, looking like dancing stars on the calm Lake Thompson. "So who do you think will be Blake's new spawn?" I asked, popping a couple of marshmallows in my mouth, I probably look like a chipmunk stuffing his face with nuts but oh well. "I have an idea." Audrey smirked, glancing at Kinsley, who is currently shooting death glares to Audrey.

"I just dumped him.." I murmured...slowly piecing the whole fucking puzzle together. Kinsley reddened and quickly stammered "I'm going to sl-slee-sleep!" And she ran inside, the door slamming. "Wu-what?" I stiffened, cracking my wrists out of anxiety.

Audrey bit her lips and pointed at her house. Then with her hands, she held up one finger, and one hand shaped as an O. Thus doing the motion. I bit my tongue. My body shivered. Not because it was cold, indeed it was but out of rage. How dare my best friend, whom I trusted have sex with Blake! While I was with him! I shouldn't really care but he cheated on me and I never....I got up, ignoring Audrey's "No don't go in there! She already feels bad enough!" Bullshit. I opened the door shakily.

Kinsley looked up from the couch with the lights off and a fire roaring, looking even more pale than Casper the Ghost. She ran a shaky hand through her golden waves. "You....know." she paused, staring at the floor. Tears streamed down my cheeks, my own best friend, from first grade had sex with my boyfriend. Excuse me, ex-boyfriend.

Clenching my fists, I slowly replied "You always disappoint me," I bit on the inside of my cheeks, "It's kind of like our own inside joke, except it's not funny." She stifled a sob and in between sobs, she fell to the floor, head down and whispered "I wished I can take it all back, God I'm so fucking sorry!" That wasn't enough. I walked out of the house, hearing loud heartfelt sobs from Kinsley but... it was drowned out...by my sobs.

I was hurt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter- sowwy!
I'm trying to get into the emotions of a girl best friends with a girl whom she cheated on with her boyfriend, but it's really hard.

I hope you never have this happen to you.