Status: More one-shots if requested - please leave a comment

An Icy touch leaves a fiery feeling

An Icy touch leaves a fiery feeling.

Every breath he took was like a knife wound to his lungs. Every second that passed he found it more difficult to breath. But even though he was in undeniable pain he denied he was in pain when asked. It was all for her sake of course. Her eyes lively with worry, love, and compassion and even though he could be only moments from death a warmth spread through him like no other. How did he win this woman's heart?

It had been four years ago when they first met, on a sunny beach in Spain. Coincidentally they were both on holiday to get away from the troubles of life. She had been lying in the sun, just bathing peacefully until a stocky man ambled over, drunk off his mind. No others on the beach cared that this young, innocent lady was being harassed so of course he had to go and save her! Not the man for violence he persuaded the drunken fellow to leave the beach with a can of beer and a few notes of cash. Since he wasn't fluent in Spanish it took him a while to show the man what he meant. But he managed.

"Pamela Hill..." Was all she responded when he asked her for her name. Such a beautiful name to fit such a woman. Her heart shape face spoke much more words than those cherry lips, it spoke of troubles and trust, it spoke of grief and honesty! They arranged for a date that night and it went from there. It was love at first sight for himself but for Pamela she had always shown a level of uncertainty, always held back a little. But he worked with her,made her trust him and won her heart, and now she would trust him with her life. Which is exactly how they ended up here.

The snow had encased his lower body, so deep that it was unshakable. Help was on it's way but both himself and Pamela knew that helped was too far away. He wouldn't make it. He only had a matter of minutes left until all life faded from him, until the sparks in his grassy eyes were doused with water and put out.

Tears streaked from Pamela's dark brown eyes as she ran her slender hands through his dirty blond hair. Both grief and guilt weighed her down making her shoulders slump. If only she hadn't of run off like she did, If only she hadn't have freaked when he proposed to her. It was all her fault he got caught in the avalanche, if only she had stayed in the cabin like he advised her too. He saw this coming. If he hadn't have turned up she would be the one buried under all that snow now, not him. He would have had time to climb the tree himself if she hadn't been pushed up first. Such a brave man he was, sacrificing his own life for hers.

Slowly...shakily he reached his hand up to caress her paled face before pushing a lock of her silk black hair behind her ear. He himself blamed none of this on the love of his life, it was his time to go, he accepted it. But If only he had more time with her, could show her just how much he loved her. If he had done something differently she may not have freaked out like he did when he went down on one knee, but of course what's done is done and can never be un-done.

"I love you Pamela." He coughed out shakily, fear and joy both in his voice. This was the end for him, but he saved her once again. She can live on.

"And I love you Daniel Johnson, and if I could re-wind time I would have said yes!" Fresh tears dripped from her face before Daniel could catch them. Tenderly he stroked her cheek, his icy touch sending a fire so strong through her that momentarily the snow seemed to dissapear, but as soon as his hand left her face the snow returned. She brushed her lips against his for the last time and then right before her eyes Daniel Johnson's life faded into nothing.

He himself may have passed on but forever will his memory live on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so this is my first one- shot so please leave a comment and tell me how Ive done. Thanks guys for reading x