Status: Previously on an Indefinite Hiatus, trying to get it back up

They're Playing Our Song

A drawing

I didn't look up from my paper until the bell rang to leave, and as expected, Mr. Way was seated in front of me, staring at my picture.

"Okay." I smiled up at him, "I'm all finished." He smiled back and pulled my book out from under my hand. I bit my lip anxiously as he scrutinized the picture. I had drawn exactly what had pissed me off today: Gavin. I didn't want it to be that obvious though, so I didn't draw his face. I drew the skull tattoo I had seen on his hip a few days ago. It was a simple picture; you could clearly see the top of his jeans leading up to his smooth stomach, and at the very top of the picture you could see the edge of his disgustingly preppy shirt. And just in the middle, laying dark against his pale skin, was the skull and crossbones tattoo.

"Well," Mr. Way said finally. "This is actually really good."

"You think?" I squeaked happily.

"Absolutely." he said approvingly."Only, I'm not so sure what it's supposed to be..." I giggled.

"That's somewhat the point. Nobody needs to know what this picture is of except for me." I said smugly.

"Well, you've certainly captured that." he nodded. "Louie, I've got to say, I'm really enjoying your work in my class!"

"I'm so glad." I grinned. He smiled back, closed my book, and handed it to me.

"Okay, I think Mary will be here in a minute to pick you up, so you better run along." He said wryly. I opened my mouth to object, but then I heard Mary's careful footsteps outside the open door.

"Hey Louie? Are you ready to go?" she asked, peaking in the room. Mr. Way just smiled at me, and stood.

"Yeah Mary." I sighed. "Bye Mr. Way. See you tomorrow."

"Bye Louie." He said affectionately, straightening papers on his desk. I picked up my things and strolled out the door with Mary by my side. I saw her giving me weird looks on our way home, but I guess she decided not to say anything. I just shrugged to myself and continued on.

"You know Louie," she began, "I don't think I'd be that angry with you if you did have something going on with a teacher." she said decidedly. I felt my jaw pop open.

"What?" I busted. "Where did that come from? You've been giving me hell for days about Mr. Way and now you're saying it doesn't matter?" I stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and faced her. She just smiled knowingly at me.

"Well, I guess I just had a change of heart." she smirked. And with that, she continued down the street smoothly. I just grunted and followed her. Great, I thought. Another question.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Update! And it's longer! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Lol sorry. I've had writers block all week. I hate it. But now I think I'm back in the swing of things. I remember why I love this story so much. :)
I looked at my reader count a minute ago, and it said 123. Thats amazing. Not only have I passed 100, it's in a funny order. 1-2-3. HA.
Anyway.....
I love all my commenters to bits, please keeo commenting! It makes the writers block worth it! =]
So....yeah. I think I'm done now.....
[P.S= It wouldn't hurt to subscribe either ;) ]