Status: Previously on an Indefinite Hiatus, trying to get it back up

They're Playing Our Song

A Little More Time

A few days later, on a Sunday night, I was lounging around in my pajamas in my bedroom. A heard a loud knock on the door, followed by mom walking in.

“Louie.” she said sternly. “We've got something to discuss.” In her hand she held a manila envelope and some papers.

“Okay then. What is it?” I said calmly. I put down the book in my hands and looked up at her.

“You've been going to that school for a while now.” she said.

“It's only been a few weeks.” I muttered.

“That should have been more than enough time to bring your grades up.” she snapped. She threw the papers on my bed and put her hands on her hips. I've only ever seen her put her hands on her hips once; and that was when I was five and I broke the coffee table playing 'Hot lava floor'.

“But mom,” I said, picking up one of the papers, “this is just the first marking term progress report! Give me a little more time...”

“A little more time? A little more time. Where have I heard that one before? Oh yeah! A year ago when you said you needed 'a little more time'. Louie this is unacceptable.”

“A year ago you decided you didn't love dad anymore.” I threw at her. “How was I supposed to keep my grades up when you two fought through my entire eighth grade year?” She looked at me in disbelief. I tried to hide my smug smile as I nonchalantly picked up my book.

“That is it,” She muttered, “if you don't bring your grades back up to appropriate levels by next week, you're grounded.”

“Mom! Next week I was going to that concert with dad!”

“I know.” she said. “Another incentive.”

“But mom, the only way to bring my grades back up would be to ace everything from now until the end of the term!”

“Then you better get cracking.” she seethed. Then she walked out of the room and shut the door behind her, with a grunt and a slam.
♠ ♠ ♠
Before everyone pulls out their guns and shoots my face off, I'd like to apologize for the lack of updates. There was a point in the almost-a-year long gap between updates where I had no access to a computer at all.

How many of you are in AP classes?

*counts hands*

I see. So you know what it is like to have homework up to your eyeballs, and the only escape being the fresh breath of summer vacation? Right. Okay. That was my problem. I had no time to write. And so much stuff went down....in my personal life as well as at school..... Yeesh. *shudders*

Anyway, expect updates for as long as school's out.

I can't predict the frequency of updates in the school months.....I'll be a freshman.

*hides under the bed in terror*

So anyway, sorry for the shortness, and I promise you will get a better update soon. I love all my subscribers and commenters so much, that sometimes my heart explodes. No, really. It
does. *Big sloppy hugs and kisses* Okay thats all. Promise. Comment? :)