Status: Previously on an Indefinite Hiatus, trying to get it back up

They're Playing Our Song

Tutors.

At the end of class I looked down at my paper. What I saw was a beautiful blue rose with precise shading on the petals - an A+ grade. What I didn't see was a way to pass all my other classes. Even if I did get an okay grade on my math project (which could happen if Gavin keeps up his quiet streak) that doesn't solve all my other classes.

I sighed and looked up. I wasn't surprised to notice that I was the last one in the classroom.

“One thing that I like about you,” Mr. Way said as he erased the board, his back to me, “is that you always get so lost in your art that you forget everything around you.”

“Yeah.” I gave a small smile, “I suppose.”

“Something else that I've noticed about you, is that if something is truly bothering you, you will hide it until it goes away.” He turned to face me.

“What?” I asked tiredly.

“You used to come into my room all frustrated a few weeks ago. I assumed it was that idiot guy Gavin, seeing as you were giving him death threats. But after that stopped I assumed it had subsided for a while. Now, you look like you have nowhere to go with a problem.” He pulled up a chair at my table. “Out with it.” I looked at him.

“How do you know me so well?”

“I ask myself that every day. Now come on. Please?” He raised his eyebrows.

“Well,” I sighed. “My mom is very upset with me because my grades have been slipping lately, and I've had so much on my mind that I haven't been focused.”

“Oh.” he said. “Well that's not so bad. I expected worse.”

“Worse?” I asked.

“Hey, you never know at this school.” he shrugged, “These kids are vicious.”

“Don't I know it.”

“Sounds to me like you need a tutor.”

“A tutor?” I whined, “I don't need a tutor. Never have, never will.”

“Come on.” he smiled, “It will help! I promise! Just until you get back on your feet.”

“Okay...” I sighed reluctantly, “Anyone in mind?”

“I know just the man.” he chuckled, “My little brother, Mikey. Granted, he isn't a genius, but he sure helped me get through school. I'll give him a call, if you're willing to ask for a little help.”

“Yeah. Suppose it couldn't hurt...” I muttered.

“That's my girl.” he winked at me.

“Come on Louie.” Mary said, appearing in the doorway. “You've had your fun with Mr. Way, now come on. We're going to be late.”

“Late? We're just going home...”
“I know.” she snickered, “But your mom said she would pay me if I got you home in time to study.” I groaned, and stood from my comfy seat.

“Bye Mr. W.” I smiled at him as I made for the door.

“I'll call Mikey tonight.” he smiled back.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one wasn't my best, but I think it did a good job of moving the story along.
Comments=love.
You love me right??
RIGHT???
(Jk. I'm not a creeper. ^_^)
Special thanks to my bestie, for beta-ing this entire mess, and saving little Timmy Comma from the well!