Status: Previously on an Indefinite Hiatus, trying to get it back up

They're Playing Our Song

I Never Did Like Turkey Sandwiches...

I'd be lying if I said that the day turned out perfect and not at all like my expectations. I mean it didn't suck as much as I thought it would, but it came fucking close, I'll say that. Mary did make things a hell of a lot better though. We had a couple of classes together, gym, science, and study hall, so I saw her throughout the day. The other kids weren't exactly nice though, but I didn't think they would be. A couple times I would enter the room to snickering. Especially from that boy named Gavin. He just wouldn't leave me alone! If he was so much as in the same hallway as me, I'd never hear the end of it.

“What’s with your shirt?” he asked me mockingly one period. “Couldn't afford anything accept your brother's dirty laundry?” he laughed. The three boys around him laughed along with him and I sighed. That joke wouldn't have been funny even if I had said it. And I knew my shirt looked like something a small boy would wear, but that’s why I loved it.

“I don't have a brother, thanks.” I sneered; I could feel my lip curling slightly. “And what’s with your face? Couldn't afford more than your mothers hand me down ugly?” Okay, so that wasn't my best come back in the world, but it was delivered excellently, with just the right amount of ice, and the boys and girls around him all went: “OOOOOOH!” really loudly. I smiled and walked away.

“Aw, you just got burned!” I could hear one of the idiot football boys shouting loudly. I shook my head and continued to my next class, which was science. Like I said, science was one of the classes I had with Mary, and she met up with me outside the door and walked in with me. We went over to a lab table on the left of the room, and I walked up and handed a thirty year old blonde man yet another note from the office. He read it over quickly.

“New? Okay. Fine. Go sit.” I nodded and went back to Mary's table. She had a comic book hidden behind her open textbook, and was reading excitedly as one character with bright red eyes started throwing some glowing playing cards around. She sighed longingly, closing the book, and I stifled a giggle. She pushed her glasses farther up her face, and looked at the teacher, who was writing some stuff on the board. Something about cytoplasm or something like that. I had always been okay at science, but I didn't like the whole, “pay attention” concept. It was over rated.

About an hour and a half later, after much lecturing and taking horrendous notes, the bell rang and saved us all from brain trauma. I quickly leaped out of my seat and shoved my books into my bag, as Mary did the same. Then it was time for lunch.

“Um, I kinda work in the library during lunch.” said Mary reluctantly, pushing her glasses up her nose again. “So don't wait up for me okay?”

“Okay.” I said. I pulled my bag up my shoulder and walked out of the room with her, until we split up to go different places. The cafeteria was stuffy and hot, so I decided to take my brown paper bag lunch outside. It was a gorgeous courtyard, with tall oak trees and stone picnic tables. Which are all full...I thought. So I just sat down right there on the steps that led down to the grass and stone path. I took a nice, deep breath of fresh air, and pulled out my lunch from my bag. I looked around at all the tables uninterestedly, and realized that Gavin was sitting with two other jerks that were in the hallway with us when I burned him. Gavin looked a little distressed, and jumped up suddenly, running down the path and over to a small building in the back of the school by the track. The outdoor bathrooms. I hoped he had diarrhea or something. And then I got hit with a sandwich. There was Mayo splattered on my face as I looked down to see half a turkey sandwich on the ground at my feet. Somebody had actually thrown a sandwich at me. Oh, this is going to stop now. I thought. I looked around to find the jerks at Gavin's table laughing uncontrollably. I stood up and practically jumped the stairs in my hurry to get to the table. When I finally made it there they were still laughing.

“Are you trying to tell me something boys?” I growled. They stopped laughing but were still grinning like idiots.

“Okay sugar,” said one of the boys, a red head with brown eyes and an ugly haircut. He smiled. “So why don't you just get out of h-hey!” I grabbed him by the front of his shirt and pulled him toward me.

“Excuse me?” I sneered. He scowled and grimaced.

“Come on sweetheart, step away before someone gets hurt.” he said, trying to sound seductive. I scoffed.

“Yeah and it's gonna be you!” I shouted. I pulled back my arm and smacked my fist into his face as hard as I could. I heard a crack as his nose broke and blood started to flow. His hands flew up to his nose, pressing on it as he groaned, and I kicked him in the gut. He went down, hard. “I'm not your sweet anything.” I growled. I was about to go down and start whaling on him, but just as I lunged a pair of strong hands grabbed my waist and pulled me back.

“Okay, I think he's learned his lesson.” said a man behind me calmly. He pulled me away from the boy, and turned me into the direction of the stairs, and pushed me towards them. I sighed and turned around, trying to see just who had saved that motherfucker from a beat down. But he was walking away, and all I saw was the back of a tall, long black haired man with dark jeans and a purple dress shirt, the kind that teachers only wear because they have to look “professional” but really they just look like uptight idiots. I crossed my arms and walked back over to my uneaten lunch, suddenly having lost my appetite.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this chapter :)
Comments?
XOXO