Status: Previously on an Indefinite Hiatus, trying to get it back up

They're Playing Our Song

What is Your Problem?

Thankfully, jerk-face and I struck up a deal: if he didn't go to the principal, I wouldn't tell the whole school that he cheated on his cheerleader girlfriend. With jerk-face number two. I was sure this kind of stereotypical hell wouldn't be able to handle that at all. I didn't think it was true when I threatened him, but as soon as I mentioned it he paled and whispered: “How did you know about that?!” I guess I just got lucky.

All I had to worry about now was Mr. Mystery teacher. It was really stating to bother me by the time I got to math class. Who was he? What was his name, at least? How come he didn't totally chew me out for beating up jerk-face? I guessed I just wasn't going to find out. And that drove me crazy. I walked into the unusually cold classroom, pulling my hoodie closer to me. I was the first one in the room, besides the teacher, and I just sat at a desk in the back row after placing my “new kid notice” on the teacher's desk. I groaned when I saw who walked into the room a few seconds later. Gavin. He looked worried, and quickly made his way to the empty desk next to me. To my surprise, he didn't make any wise cracks. He nodded a hello at me, and drummed his fingers on the desk nervously. He looked panicky.

“I'm gonna kick myself later for asking this,” I said quietly. “But is something wrong?” He sighed, and looked at me. There was something in his eyes that I couldn’t quite read. It was almost…scared and apologetic at the same time. It was weird, seeing as how all day all I’ve seen from him is a cocky, idiot jerk-face. He smiled a little.

“No, its okay. I-I-I’m fine.” He stuttered a little bit. I was skeptical, but nodded. I didn’t want to get all up in his business. And then the room started to fill with shuffling students and I groaned again.

“I hate math.” I muttered to myself, pulling out a notebook.

“Me too…” muttered Gavin listlessly, crossing his arms. I looked at him. When did he decide he was going to be nice to me? It was super weird. I thought he hated me. I decided already that I hated him! I didn’t like changing my mind! He’s actually really cute, I thought. It’s true. He had a square jaw, a nice smile, beautiful bright blue eyes, dark hair and lip ring, something nobody here seemed to have so far, he stood out from the crowd, even if it was only a little bit. I sighed contently and tried to pay attention to the complicated math problem the teacher was scribbling on the board.
***

It was the end of the day, and I only had one more period to go before the day was over and I could ride my bike back to my house as fast as I could. I pulled out the now crumpled schedule from my pocket and looked for the last line.

Period 8- Art Enrichment: Mr. Way- Room 233

Gavin looked over at me, seeming to have calmed down quite a bit.
“You got Mr. Way?” he asked, impressed.

“Yeah.” I said. “Why?”

“Nothing, it's just that that class is kinda hard to get into. You must be really good.”

“I’m okay.” I said shyly. I did draw, a lot, but I didn’t think I was anything special.

“So good luck.” He said dismissively.

“Wait, what? What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked.

“Well, he’s a really cool teacher…but they say he’s a little....weird.”

“Weird? What do you mean?” he shrugged.

“Well, he's not really like any other teachers any of us have ever had. And,” he leaned in closer and whispered. “Lot's of girls have huge crushes on him, but nobody says anything about it because he's not really the kind of person that anybody wants to admit to be into. He's kind of like you.” he finished.

“Okay then...?” I said. He wasn't making a lot of sense.

“You'll understand when you go to class.” he said, nodding.

“Oh...well, I-”

“Ugh, I'm tired of talking to you. Plus, I don't want to get your nasty freak germs on me.” he said disgustedly, turning away. I rolled mt eyes. I knew that couldn't last.

I nodded back, picking up the notebook and pens on my desk and throwing them into my bag randomly. The bell rang loudly, and everyone seemed to get up at once, some people even tripping over their chairs trying to get out the door first. Gavin stood and stretched his arms in the air, lifting up his shirt just a little bit. I froze. I could see the smooth planes of his pale stomach clearly, and that wasn't the only thing I could see. Peeking out from behind his low-rise jeans was a black skull and cross bones tattoo on his left side. My jaw dropped a little, and I could feel blood rushing to my cheeks. I stood up hurriedly, my back to him so he couldn't see me trying not to smile, and quickly walked out of the room. Once I was in the hallway, I did a 360 sweep of the area, and when I knew for sure he wasn't in sight, I burst into uncontrollable giggles.

Gavin has more secrets then I thought. Looks like Mr. Perfect and rich does indeed have something to hide. I thought smugly as I strolled through the hallways.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a whole bunch written out...
But I'm resisting on posting it all at once...
Comments?
XOXO