Status: Previously on an Indefinite Hiatus, trying to get it back up

They're Playing Our Song

Morning Phone Call

When I woke up the next morning, my heart was fluttering nervously in my chest. I wasn't sure how my second day was going to go down, but I was completely sure it couldn’t be as bad as the first. Well, maybe not completely sure.

I dressed in silence, carefully picking out my clothing, and brushing my hair slowly. I hoped that if I concentrated hard enough on what I was doing, I wouldn’t think about what people might be saying about the fight at lunch, or what I was going to do in Mr. Way’s room at lunch today. But hey, I don’t care what people think of me. Or, at least, I didn’t used to. This thought startled me, and as quick as it had come into my mind, I pushed it out and focused on the gentle movement of sweeping purple powder across my eyelids.

When my watched showed that it was just about ten minutes before I had to leave, I reluctantly grabbed my bag off the bed and took one last look in the mirror. I looked nice enough, my hair was normally parted and my clothes were simple. Once I was satisfied I walked out of my room, and made my way down the stairs. I slowed to a stop when I heard my mom on the phone.

“No. No. That’s not what I meant and you know it.” She muttered angrily. I sat down on one of the plush carpeted steps and listened. “I just don’t want her to get hurt. Yeah. No, I understand. I’m just saying, you’re not a very good promise keeper.” I raised my eyebrows. Promise keeper? Don’t want who to get hurt?

“Great, more questions.” I sighed quietly to myself.

“Alright. All right! Fine. That’s fine. Okay. See you then. Goodbye Henry.” I heard the phone click off, and my mother sighed. I stood up, and quietly crept back up the stairs. Once at the top, I fixed my shirt, cleared my throat, and stomped back down, to announce my presence like nothing had happened.

“Hey mom.” I smiled, turning the corner into the living room.

“Hey Louie. I was just on the phone with your dad…” she began. I already knew whom she was talking to, but played dumb.

“Really? About?”

“He’s going to pick you up at 8 o’clock next Saturday to take you to the concert.” I could feel my eyes light up.

“Really? Oh that’s awesome!” I said, a huge grin spreading across my face. My mom looked tired.

“Yeah. All right, get to school.” She said. “I’ll see you when you get home. Okay?”

“’Kay mom. Bye.” The smile on my face stayed in place as I walked out the door and into the cold New Jersey morning. As I got farther down the street, I heard a voice calling my name.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Sorry I haven't updated in....well....forever, but you know how school gets sometimes....
ANYWAY....
This is short, I know, but more is coming soon and I just wanted to get something up before the end of the week.
Thanks to all my commenters/readers/subscribers
You make me smile!!
So, I'd love more comments!
And readers....
and subscribers....
TELL YOUR FRIENDS!
=D

xoxoxoxoxo