Status: Previously on an Indefinite Hiatus, trying to get it back up

They're Playing Our Song

Homeroom Hero

“’Kay mom. Bye.” The smile on my face stayed in place as I walked out the door and into the cold New Jersey morning. As I got farther down the street, I heard a voice calling my name.

“Louie! Hey Louie wait up!” they yelled. I whipped around to see Mary running up to me from her driveway. It didn’t take her long to reach my side.

“Hey Mary!” I said when she stopped next to me. “Sorry I forgot to wait for you…I’m not used to living next to my friends…or walking to school for that matter.” She smiled.

“It’s fine. Lets go, I don’t want to be late.” I nodded, and we finished the trek to the school building together.

I walked into homeroom with Mary on my heels, and sauntered over to our seats. Mary turned to face me and opened her mouth to speak, but just then a muffled voice from across the room interrupted her.

“Well, well, well.” Sneered Gavin from his seat. He was stretched out with his feet up on the desk and his arms crossed behind him, with an issue of Rolling Stone draped over his chest. “Look who’s here. It’s the new freak on the block!” I rolled my eyes.

“Hey Mary?” I said, like I hadn’t heard him.

“Yeah?” she smiled.

“What’s black and blue, and red all over?”

“Um…I dunno…”she said, hiding her grin expertly.

“That DB over there if he doesn’t shut his mouth.” I grinned, and glanced over to Gavin.

“Touché wonder freak, touché.” He muttered, sitting up and stuffing the magazine in his backpack.

“Uh oh! I think somebody’s afraid of a itty bitty wittle girl.” I taunted. “What? Afraid I’m going to give you what you deserve?”

“Yeah well, after what you did to Todd…I wouldn’t trust you with my back turned, is all I’m sayin’.” He muttered grimly, more to himself that anything. Mary leaned in closer.

“That is true.” She muttered, pushing up her glasses. “Nobody has gotten quite the ass whopping at this school since before we can remember. No one seems to want to mess with you after what happened.” I smiled in satisfaction, and leaned back in my chair with my hands clasped together.

“Well, he was asking for it.” I said, as my homeroom teacher walked into the room.

“Okay, okay kids. Settle down.” He said, sitting down at his desk and shuffling papers. The room slowly decreased in volume until it was silent, and the crackle of the announcements over the intercom was all that could be heard. I scooted over in my seat so I was closer to Mary.

“Hey Mary,” I whispered. “Are you going to come to Mr. Way’s room with me this afternoon?”

“No, I can’t” she whispered back. “I’ve got…err…things to take care of in the library.”

“Oh. Okay.” I was only a bit disappointed, and I was more nervous. What was I going to do with Mr. Way alone in his room for 45 minutes?

Oh come on people. Minds out of the gutter. I’m serious.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Second update tonight!!
Again, a short one.
But the next chapter should be entertaining....
*Muahahahaha*
So....
Comments?
What do you like? What don't you like??
TELL MEE!!!!