Teenagers

Chapter Twenty: You Can’t Handle It

I thought about it for a while, until Oliver interrupted my thoughts.

“Remember when the three of us went to Long Beach to visit Kyle’s grandparents?”

“Oh yeah. Wasn’t that two years ago?” I laughed. I called Kyle into the room and we gave the news.

“BURN!” We laughed. We walked to our bunks and started talking about Green Day until we passed out. I woke up at five in the morning and headed to the shower. I found a black tube top and my favorite pair of skinny jeans. Paired with black sandals and bracelet. I grabbed my cell and checked the date. My birthday was only a day away. I sent my reminders to Kyle and Oliver before making some toast. Kyle and Oliver walked in, both dressed in faded jeans and each wearing a different stupid logo tee. Oliver was wearing black converse and Kyle was wearing Vans. They looked at their vibrating phones and then at me.

“You serious?” Kyle asked.

“Yeah,” I shrugged, “all I want is for you two to say ’happy birthday.”

“Who’s birthday?” Gerard asked as he walked wearing converse, brand new dark wash jeans, and a plain black tee.

“Mine,” I rolled my eyes.

“When?” He replied.

“Tomorrow,” I yawned.

“Sweet,” The rest of the band replied, wearing various jeans and converse with a plain color tee that was any dark color you could think of. We chatted for a while until the bus stopped. We piled off and walked to a Starbucks where the FUSE interview would take place. Kyle, Oliver and I went a placed our orders.

“Seven vanilla lattes-” I began.

“Eight you mean,” Oliver corrected me.

No, you dumbass. You can’t handle coffee, remember NYC. Seven vanilla latte’s and one strawberries and crème frappuccino,” I ordered.