Status: WIP

Neverwinter

prologue

It was almost mid-noon. The clouds became more and more grey as time passed as they misted over the dense forest. In a small clearing, two groups faced opposite of each other.

One was dark-skinned, joined by a few large wolves, the humans wearing barely any clothes and had stern faces. The wolves were in a protective stance, ready for a defensive attack. The other group was quite the opposite; they were pale, wearing elegant clothing. They held a peaceful stance, offering handmade bows and quivers filled with arrows as gifts.

When the ‘pale-faces’ started to hand out baskets of bread and cheese, the native group became friendlier and worked harder to try to understand them. However, progress was slow and they didn’t accomplish much in means of finding a way of communication. So by nightfall, the two groups separated for camp, deciding to meet in that same spot in the near future.

When the pale group reached a respectable distance from the native’s permanent settlement, they made camp. Once settled in, the two leaders, Lord Elrond and Lord Thranduil, met with their advisors, debating what course of action to take with these strange people, who obviously weren’t human.

The meeting lasted long into the night, finally reaching a conclusion by dawn. They would send out two representatives, both of them learning the language of these native peoples and becoming translators for future negotiations.

Then the final question was asked, who would be willing to go?

Almost all of the ambassadors were reluctant to go unarmed to meet these people, most of them remembering the large wolves that they were associated with. Finally, two volunteers emerged, the daughter of Elrond, Tawariell, who volunteered her friend Legolas, the son of Lord Thranduil.

The two lords were reluctant at first, but both agreed that this would be the best course of action since both had experience of negotiating with other societies and were fast learners.

So for the next couple of months, Legolas and Tawariell met up with the Quiluete and quickly learned their language, teaching them some of their own as well. This exchange of languages allowed a true alliance to form amongst these two groups. The Elves made a permanent settlement north of the native’s territory, Neverwinter, making it more beautiful than the original elven settlements of Middle Earth and stories of its magnificence from the few people of the Quiluete who saw it passed stories of it’s elegance on from generation to generation.

However, when humans started to migrate into the area, it was decided that the elves would not associate with them, in fear of entering one of man’s wars once again. The last war, the war of the ring, they had a great death toll, cutting the elven population by half.

A new agreement was created between the tribe and the colony; keep the secret.

As the Quiluete territory decreased, and the absence of the cold ones, the alliance became legend, stories believed to be fiction. Only the carriers of the wolf bloodline knew of its truth and when that lessened, the new generations forgot it as well.

In the early 20th century, a new clan of vampires came into the territory. They claimed to be different then their bloodthirsty kin, to only drink from animals than killing humans. A treaty between them and the Quiluete formed, however, the elves were not included and their existence was not made known to these newcomers since their stay was short.

While the vampire clan was unaware of the fourth species that occupied the region, the elves were watching them from their side of the magic boundary that was created. As long as these bloodsuckers never knew of their existence, they would never have to expose themselves to this new threat.

This all changed with the turn of the millennium.
♠ ♠ ♠
hahahaa, omg this is soooo cheesy!!!! comments are welcome, flames are not!