Starlight Decay

Chapter 1: Bloomsbury Drive

- Chapter 1: [Bloomsbury Drive]

Each one shined with their own light. Thousands…millions of them aligned in their own coordinates. Casting shapes new and long discovered over the years.

I felt his hand take mine, the other found its way to my cheek. Both felt cool and clammy. He was nervous, too. Then he kissed me.

It wasn’t that long, but I’ll remember it for the rest of my life. It was perfect. Tasted sweet. My heart pounding behind my ribcage. Begging for the moment to never end. Yet, when it did. I somehow knew I would never see his face again. His death flashed across my eyes. I shook it off.

The stars went out. And rain began to pour down on us. We ran hand in hand giggling back to the truck. He helped me up, then ran to his side and got in. We never stopped giggling until we finally reached my house. We kissed again, I got out; then he drove away.

That morning, I got a call from his dad. His mom couldn’t speak. On his way home from my house, he lost control of the car and crashed. Dieing from the impact.

I fell upon my knees. He was gone. My first true love was gone. All I could think about was why couldn’t of it been me instead… I even saw it coming. I was never the same person after that day. I sunk into the decayed stars.