Praying for a Riot

Whistle It, Bitch.

Ian Watkins was a simple man, he liked the finer things in life, he never ever got angry, and he was quite pleasant to be around.

This, of course, was bullshit.

As soon as the words came out of Jamie’s mouth that Sunday morning;

“Lauren and I are dating.”

He wanted to stab something, really, really, hard.

“RICHARD. JAMES. OLIVER,” Ian fumed, his grip on the kitchen bench tightening. “I think we need to have a little talk…because I think you’re insane.”

It was when Ian and Jamie were sitting in the living room, Jamie with his face in his hands that Ian stood up from the couch and glared down at his closest friend.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?”

“Nothing, Ian, I’m doing nothing.”

“You’re dating someone who, might I remind you, cheated on her husband and ruined her best friends’ life…”

“Ian…”

“…oh, and she’s a total bitch to me, what ever happened to that nice girl you were out with. Why Lauren, of all peo-”

“IAN!”

Ian looked up from his shoes, and stared at his best friends face, glowing red, his eyes clearly showing Ian that Jamie wasn’t too happy with him.

“Ian…I think I love her.”

“I’m sorry…you wha?” Ian’s blank stare bore holes through Jamie’s head.

“I love her.”

Ian stopped walking and lets his arms drop, then sat down next to Jamie, his face feeling like jelly.

“Oh.”

“Yep…”

“Jesus.”

“Yep…”

“Good luck with that one, mate.”

“Fuck you, Watkins.”

Mandy walked through the door, caught the two staring at the floor glumly, and giggled.

“You told him?”

“Yep…”

_

Kay slammed the door to her car, standing into one of the dumpiest streets she’d ever seen. She knew that The Horrors must live there.
She walked slowly up to the door number that Rhys had given her, and pressed the dusty doorbell that looked as if it hadn’t been used in a long time.

“THERE’S SOMEONE AT THE DOOR!”

“WELL YOU GET IT!”

“NO I’LL GET IT!”

Suddenly the door swung open, and a man, Kay remembered as Joe, widened his eyes at her and screeched;
“IT’S A GIRL!”

And as if he’d never seen a girl before, made a run for it into the other room.
It was only a few minutes until Kay heard a few voices discussing the “girl,” at the doorway.

“Faris…there’s a girl at the door.”

“You’re not making her stand there are you?”

“Well…yes…”

“Joe, you’re so rude.”

Another voice piped in. “Is she hot?”

“Josh, you have a girlfriend.”

“Yeah Josh…”

“Well your dating Rhys’s sister.”

“Shit, so I am.”

The calmer voice, Kay recognized as Faris, interrupted Joe’s pondering. “So, are you going to invite her in, or make her stand at the door all day listening to our conversation?”

Kay’s cheeks flushed a pink colour, and Joe reappeared.

“Hi!” He almost yelled.

“Hello, err…is Rhys there?”

Suddenly there was a groan from the other room. “TOM! You owe me a fifty!”

“Come on in, he’s watching some old movie in the living room.”

Kay was lead into the Horror’s kitchen, where Faris and Josh, obviously in a fit of; “oh my god…let’s look un-suspicious!” were ‘casually’ leaning against the kitchen counter, Faris managing to pull it off, but the effect was being ruined by the huge grin threatening its way across Joshua’s mouth.

“Hello,” Kay mumbles shyly, suppressing a giggle at how startled Josh had been to her speaking, but didn’t get a reply.

“Josh, you wanker…your grinning like an idiot.” Was all she heard before she entered The Horror’s living room and spotting Rhys sitting in the corner, his arm slung over an old armchair and looking thoroughly exhausted.
She slowly walked up to him, looking behind her to make sure Joe was nowhere to be seen, and crept her fingers slowly over his eyes, making him jump and try to pull her fingers off.

“Nah, huh, boy, guess who it is?”

There was a slight pause where Rhys pretended to think; “Oh...um…Josh?”

Kay rolls her eyes and leans down next to his ear, grinning. “No, silly, Kay.”

Rhys turns around. “Oh…really, I didn’t know!”

“Are you okay,” he says, leaning closer to inspect Kay, “You look beat.”

Kay sighs and smiles at him. “Just a big day, that’s all…”

Suddenly there was a crashing noise from the kitchen and Kay and Rhys turned around to see Joe, with both Faris and Josh lying on top of him, looking like they’re trying to blind him.
And to top it off, Tomethy walked into the room, took one glance at the other three, rolled his eyes and walked away, whistling something Kay had never heard.