Praying for a Riot

Blue and Yellow

It was nine in the morning when Lauren Oliver awoke. She lifted her head from her husband’s chest, and smiled, laying it back down as he tightened his grip around her middle.
Closing her eyes, she smiled.

“Are you awake?” Laur opened her eyes and lifted her head again, looking at a sleepy Jams.

“Yeah…just.” Laur yawned, and smiled again, shifting slightly under his tight grip on her bare torso.

“My sleepy wifey…” Jams moved a hand up into her hair, stroking it, and he kissed her forehead gently, as she smiled.

“I’ll sleep on the plane….and hey, you never told me where we’re going yet!”

“Wales. My parents couldn’t come to the wedding, so I thought we’d go there and see them…”

“You’re such a sweetheart.” Lauren smiled, her eyes closed.

“Come on,” Jams yawned, then grinned “We’d better get ready…I don’t wanna be late.”

--

Ian Watkins was sitting in his yard, on that bright Saturday morning, his eyes scanning the skies. Mandy shook her head, watching from the kitchen.

“Ian, what the hell are you doing?”

“I’m looking for Jams’ plane.” Ian nodded, still staring skywards. Mandy raised an eyebrow “Miss him already.”

“Awww, Ian…” Mandy wandered out into the yard, sitting beside Ian “He’ll be back in no time.”

“It’ll still feel like a million years.” Ian lay back on the grass, his shirt riding up a little and showing off the tattooed guns on his belly, which Mandy peered down at, grinning.

“Hey Ian…” she said, beginning to trace the outlines on his belly, making him shiver and grin “lets go inside…”

He sat up, smirking “Alright then…if you wanna love.”

Mandy stood up, holding her hand out for Ian, who by now, was camping.

--

When Kay awoke that morning, she was spread across Rhys’ chest.
Snuggling into the older man’s chest, she yawned and smiled, as he snuffled in his sleep. She thought herself incredibly lucky to be with him, and she had been shocked, yet happy he’d dropped everything, just to see her again.
It was true that Kaisha Leto had finally fallen in love again, and she was finally happy again, with the mushroom-headed keyboard player from England. Right now, lying on Rhys’ chest, Jared Leto was at the back of her mind.
She could think of nothing but how much she adored Rhys, and how alive she felt simply being around him.
That was real love.

“Kay?” Rhys yawned, opening his eyes, and focusing on her.

“Morning Rhysy.” She grinned up at him as their fingers tangled together under the blankets “Did you sleep okay?”

“I slept great, thanks….how about you.”

“Sound, because you were here.” The grin hadn’t faded from her face, and a smile was creeping over Rhys’s lips as he watched her.

“You’re so cute.”

Kay blushed, and Rhys smiled, wrapping his arms around her tightly “I am not.”

“You are so. And you’re my love, my life…you’re my everything.”

Kay looked up, and studied him carefully, cocking her head “Really?”

“Really.”

Jared hadn’t ever claimed she was his “everything”, and it was then Kay realised how much she actually did love Rhys. Smiling at him, Kay snuggled into his chest.
She and Rhys were like two as one. They went together like blue and yellow.
They were perfectly suited for each other.
It really did feel amazing, just living again.