Praying for a Riot

Keep Me Safe Inside Your Arms Like Towers...

It was something when Kay had arranged everyone to go to the Watkins' to talk to them.
So, that evening, Mandy, Ian, Jams and Laur were gathered in the kitchen, as Rhys and Kay stood in front of them.

"Care to explain what the fuck is going on? Why is he in my house?" the heavily-pregnant and ready to pop at any second Mandy glared at the two. Ian glared at the Englishman and stood by his wife, not looking pleased at all.

"Spit it the fuck out, already." Ian fumed. Laur and Jams just watched.

"Well..." Kay said, looking down the floor. Rhys wrapped an arm around Kay's shoulders and bit his lip, looking at the scary Welshman and his equally scary wife.

"Kay, spit it the fuck out already!" Mandy snapped, her patience wearing thin.

"We'regettingmarried!" Kay blurted out. Mandy, Ian, Jams and Laur stared at the two, their mouths open.

"You. Are. WHAT!?" Ian yelled, causing Jams and Laur to jump. Mandy stood by Ian and death glared both Rhys and Kay "Are you fucking INSANE, Kaisha Holly?!"

"No, I'm not, Ian." Kay sighed "Can you not be happy for me?"

"Kay, you're rushing into marriage!" Mandy argued "How do you know you'll be happy?!"

"Because I love him!" Kay stomped her foot "You never complained when Jams got married and he rushed into it!"

"Don't bring me into this!" Jams squeaked, as he and Laur took a step back and watched, their eyes darting between Ian and Mandy, and Kay and Rhys.

"Because Jams isn't a fucking asshole, Kay!" Mandy shook her head.

"Look, Mrs. Watkins," Rhys spoke up "I love Kay, and she loves me...we have a future together!"

"You just shut the fuck up," Ian glared at the skinny Englishman, who immediately backed down.

"Ugh, it's not fair! I'm not a kid, you know!"

"Kay, would you just calm down, please?" Rhys patted her shoulder, but Kay would not calm down.

"No, Rhys, I will not. I'm sick of being treated like a fucking child here! I'm twenty four, Ian! I want to live my life the way I want to live it, not the way YOU want me to live it!"

Ian stared at Kay and shook his head "I can't let you marry him, Kay...he'll take you away."

“Maybe that’s a good thing.” Kay growled darkly. Mandy looked taken aback; the words that had just come out of Kay’s mouth hurt more than anything physical ever would.

“W-we need to go.” Jams squeaked suddenly. Laur glanced up at the clock before nodding.

“We’ll see you later...after work, I guess.” Laur shrugged and as she hugged Mandy, she whispered something in her ear “I’ll talk to Kay...”

Mandy nodded and Laur and Jams left, leaving Mandy, Ian, Kay and Spiderfuck alone...

--

It didn’t go well.
Kay was leaving and it tore Mandy’s heart apart

“She’s leaving, Laur.” Mandy was almost in tears, and Mandy Watkins never cried. Laur was too shocked for words.

“She’s going to L-London? With Rhys?”

Mandy nodded and bit back tears, and Ian stared gravely at the kitchen table. They’d taken Kay under their wing, like their own teenage daughter, and this is how she repays them?
Laue shook her head sadly and sighed.

“I can’t believe her...” Tina shook her head, and Mandy looked up at her two best friends.

“She can’t leave! She just...can’t!” Mandy wailed, and Ian looked worried. The stress couldn’t be good for their twins...

“Mand, shush...” Ian tried to console her, but she was having none of it “Mand...”

“She’s leaving Ian, she’s leaving with that horrible, horrible man!”

It was then Tina and Laur decided to take their leave.

--

“Bad day?”

Laur looked up at her husband and nodded, sighing deeply. Jams moved closer to her and pulled her into him.

“Tell me about it?”

Laur went on and told Jams about how fucking shit her day had been, how selfish Kay was being and how much it hurt to see Mandy and Ian looking so sad; mumbling into his chest as he nodded and rubbed her back in comfort.
She sighed and closed her eyes, clinging to him before yawning.

“Jams?”

“Yes, my love?” Jams ran his fingers through her hair and brushed his lips against her head.

“Come to bed?” she almost whimpered into his chest

Jams nodded and wrapped his arms around her, lifting her up. She smiled into him and curled a little closer; feeling safe with his arms so tightly wrapped around her. She always felt safe in her husband’s arms, and she felt like maybe this wouldn’t end too disastrously...