‹ Prequel: Deadly Kiss
Sequel: You're Overdue
Status: Complete. Sequel is up.

Holding My Heart

19 At Your Side

*********************
Ann’s POV

When we got home Pete made me go with them in their apartment. Brendon followed on my toes because I wasn’t letting him go. I had his hand so tight that I was surprised I hadn't broken it.

When we got in I sat on the table and Patrick was in front of me, “Did they do anything to you?”

I shook my head, “No.”

“What did they tell you?”

Brendon squeezed, “Can’t the interrogation wait?”

Joe growled, “Shut up Urie.”

I leaned over to Brendon and Patrick patted my knee, “Nothing happened. I met this Ronnie guy. They took ok care of me. I got food and they left me alone.”

Patrick looked confused, “Ronnie?”

“Ronnie Radke.”

Patrick looked at Brendon, “Does that name mean anything to you?”

He shook his head, “No not really.”

Patrick returned to me, “Ok. You can go hun. But I don’t want you going out alone anymore.”

I didn’t bother answering. I just nodded and buried myself into Brendon’s chest. He scooped me up and we headed to the door. Andy opened the door and Brendon walked out. He walked over to my apartment and forced the door open. Once in a jumped out of his arms and he closed the door.

I turned to him and he had turned to me. He leaned against the door and looked angry. Maybe even a little frustrated. He looked at me with so many emotions I couldn’t read them. I stood there and played with my fingers.

“Do you have any idea how worried? How upset I was when you just left? Then you don’t come back and I was so worried!”

“Brendon. I am so sorry.”

He pushed off the door, “I know and I want you to know that you won’t do that again. If I have to watch you ever minute I will.”

“Bren-“

He cut me off, “I'm serious. I’ve had it. I can’t lose you again. I just can’t. I'm not strong enough to go through that again.”

“Ok Brendon! I get it. I'm sorry! I’ve learned my lesson. It’s not going to happen again. I should have known. You have no idea how scared I was! I missed you so bad and I-“

He had come up to me and cut me off with a kiss. I gripped onto his shirt for all I was worth. One of his hands pulled my head closer to him. All I wanted was to feel him like this. I don’t care for anything else. He walked me backwards till I hit the wall. He pressed into me and I broke off the kiss. He kissed my forehead and just kept them pressed there.

He spoke against my forehead, “I love you. Don’t you dare forget that.”

I wrapped my hands around his neck, “I won’t. I love you too much.”

Cheesy, I know but I meant it. He was my world right now. I didn’t care if he was a vampire. He was my love. I might be young for the whole love experience but I didn’t care.

Brendon pulled away and I noticed he was bleeding, “Oh my god Brendon! You’re bleeding!”

He looked at his side and laughed, “Oh so that’s why I was hurting over there.”

He pulled off his shirt and there was a huge gash. I gasped and touched near the wound. He pulled my hands away and took a step back. He turned away and started off to the stairs.

“Bren-“

“It’s ok hun. I’ll heal. I’m just going to wash the blood off.”

I followed him up the stairs and into the bathroom. He placed the shirt in the sink and walked over to my shower. He turned it on and he looked back at me. He shook his head and looked away.

“What Brendon?”

He giggled lightly, “Nothing.”

“No tell me.”

“Well, I was going to offer a shower with you but-“

“But?”

He raised and eyebrow when he looked back at me, “You mean-“

He knew me well enough to know I wasn’t going to miss a chance seeing him naked. He stripped off his clothes and I started to undress. Damn straight I was going to join him.

**********
Pete’s POV

“Can I kill Brendon now or do I have to wait?”

Patrick turned away from his computer and looked at me, “Come on now.”

I glared and my voice rose, “How can she love him after everything he has done? He is a danger to her life!”

Patrick shrugged, “Look Pete. He’s in her life. All we can do is make sure he doesn’t eat her or go back to William.”

“I don’t trust him.”

“I don’t trust a lot of things either but we can use him to our advantage. He is a strong vampire. We need him to help us get rid of William.”

I kicked the desk in front of me and the leg broke. It fell slightly and the stuff on it rolled off the top of it. I stood up and walked out. I didn’t need this. I walked past Joe and Andy. Surely they heard my outburst.

They got out of my way and I stormed down the stairs. I walked across the apartment and out to hers. I walked through the door and I closed it softly. I noticed that the house was quiet. I walked around the bottom level before walking up to the top floor. I reached the top step when I saw the bathroom door opened. Out came Brendon with a towel slung low on his hips and then Ann followed next. She was wrapped into a towel.

I balled my fists and held back my anger. I felt like such a protective father. I watched him pick her up and head to her room. The door closed and I gripped the wall. I didn’t know how I could have let this happen. Now I know Brendon could sense me here. I know he could. I walked to her bedroom door and knocked.

The door opened and I was greeted with Ann fully dressed in pajamas, “Yes Pete?”

“I called your school and told them I was home schooling you. You start tomorrow. Come over about 4 pm tomorrow.”

She nodded softly and I turned to walk away. I heard her slip out of the room and the door closed. She called my name softly and I turned. She came up and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close. My anger almost disappeared.

“Pete, I am so sorry.”

“I know.”

“And? Please don’t hate Brendon.”

I laughed lightly and she pulled away, “That I can’t do.”

“Well, at least dislike him? Hate is pretty strong.”

I sighed and kissed her forehead, “I can do that. Also, Patrick is ordering pizza and all that. We’ll bring some over. I’m sure the girls will be here aswell.”

“Awesome. Wings too?”

“You know it. Though it will be a battle. Joe is hungry today.”

She giggled, “Ok.”

I pulled away from her and walked down the stairs. Ok maybe I didn’t hate Brendon. But I did dislike him. Very much dislike him.
***************
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all my loving readers and peeps who comment. :)
It means sooo much.

Please comment and subscibe. Thats all I ask.
But thanks for reading.

So....who is excited for the new A7x album? I want it soooo bad!